Skoda VRS and Autel VAG 404

slocumjoseph

The Ancient Mariner
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Some years ago I had a Mk1 Skoda VRS. A proper wolf in sheep’s clothing. An ordinary looking family saloon with a 145mph top speed that handled like it was on rails. I loved it but that story didn’t end well. No..I didn’t write it off! Anyway, today I dug out the old Autel MaxScan VAG 405 that I hardly used on the Skoda and never had another compatible motor..until my T6. Even if it was possible to update the software it would be difficult for me as I’m a Mac man. I’m curious though, to know if anyone can find a use for it or is it only good for a museum?

IMG_20211015_221819 2.jpg

I use something very similar on my 2003 TT , saved me a good bit of Money over the years ,I have also noticed with the TT it searches more systems than what carista does but I think that is just because it's an older vehicle ,so really if you have an older vw Audi etc then definitely worth having

That’s true the Skoda is a Bitza. Bitza TT, bitza A3, bitza Golf. So anyone with an old model from that group able to update the software might find it useful. If they are in the London area they can take it away for a few beers.

Back