Found Single captains seat for passenger side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know what fabric you have ? if so check ebay/german ebay for a passengers captain. You are looking at 800 to £1100

It’s Simora fabric but I’m planning on changing the fabric for all seats

I got mine from Exploria. Be aware that seats removed from a van with a bulkhead the lower plastic trims are different compared to the Kombi / Shuttle. Think I paid £590 but no air bag, heater, arm rests etc.

Ian

9D44A24F-70B1-499C-B27F-47524684D59E.jpeg

I got mine from Exploria. Be aware that seats removed from a van with a bulkhead the lower plastic trims are different compared to the Kombi / Shuttle. Think I paid £590 but no air bag, heater, arm rests etc.

Ian
Those arm rests are just two more rattling nightmares waiting to happen I can do without anyway. I’m looking for one with no arm rests and I will also be looking for a single swivel base. I just want to be able to get in the back of my van and vise versa without getting out . Or opening any doors
so I figure a single passenger that swivels will give me the space to climb back and forth from back of van to cabin .

eBay item number 353286003073 is a single without armrests, heated and with base - T6.1 bricks fabric. Any good for anyone ?

Thanks for help and links I’ve decided to save money for the time being and bought the van Kraft hinge to see if a folding double passenger seat could be more useful .. will see how it goes and rethink if I’m still not happy with that ..

Forking out £800 tomorrow (shhhh) for a passenger captain factory swivel but will still need to buy a base :sick:

Thanks for help and links I’ve decided to save money for the time being and bought the van Kraft hinge to see if a folding double passenger seat could be more useful .. will see how it goes and rethink if I’m still not happy with that ..
Would be interested to see how the folding hinge goes... The standard double seat is pretty shocking for comfort...

Would be interested to see how the folding hinge goes... The standard double seat is pretty shocking for comfort...
Me too will post my findings , it arrives next week . Had to start pulling van to bits today trying to find a rattle turned out to be sliding door power latching motor hanging loose .. amazing it was still functioning .. but notice there is still some stuff ratting away so I think I need to trace all the cables I remember quite a thick loom so I think that’s found a bit of van chassis to bounce around on somewhere... bless it. Anyway in the mood for getting van jobs finished now and will no doubt install the passenger seat hinge ASAP . I’ve seen a lot of positive comments hopefully they where not all from friends of the guy that sells the hinge .. lol

@osman
Gumtree, 650.00 in Weston Super Mare. Not mine.
Only one pic you can only see a fraction of it and that has hideous stains on it and I’ve had no reply when I asked to look at more pics .. so it looks pretty bad

It’s Simora fabric but I’m planning on changing the fabric for all seats

Only one pic you can only see a fraction of it and that has hideous stains on it and I’ve had no reply when I asked to look at more pics .. so it looks pretty bad

Does it matter if it has some stains, recovering it will make it like new.

Ok the seat is far more comfortable with the laid back angle for sure .. it’s a more versatile thing with the folding hinge.
i also have the Kiravans swivel so all in all it’s kind of transformed what was a pretty much a large lump of uncomfortable double passenger seat into something more useful .. I would recommend it .. warning getting to the torx or multi spleen ( whatever they are ) bolts inside the back of the chair is very difficult ... the video shows them being undone by hand ... hmm that aint gonna happen ! Also it’s possible you could rip the fabric if your not very careful . You are going to have to push the tough foam out of the way ( it doesn’t want to get out of the way) to get a wrench in there and it’s not easy and then just as hard putting them back after .. other than that you just need a bit of brute force, patience and some determination and the jobs done in about an hour . The hinge itself is very well made and strong.
One cool or rather warm thing is that although it’s not exactly dignified ....when the passenger seat is facing forward you can fold down the back and climb over it to get in the back .. obviously those with twin captains seats can gloat .. but us stuck with a double passenger and no drivers swivel have to get out of van to get in the back .. on a freezing cold day/night that’s not fun .. this hinge allows you to climb over the seat and get in the back retaining whatever heat you have.
It’s possibly for the money one of the best mods I’ve come across .

7E959447-CAA7-420A-A684-2C327156FCEA.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back