Sign Writing Leftovers

Pauly

VCDS User
Admin
Removed the sign writing from van yesterday but still need to get the left over sticky stuff off, anyone got any experience or suggestions of product to use i reckon i need some form of sticky stuff remover
@RattyMcClelland ??

IMG_3150.JPG

I would try something non solvent first like a rapid retailer..

Failing that some lighter fuel on a rag but just enough for a fingertip.. then back over it again with the rapid detailer.

I reckon Autofinesse obliterate would get rid of it @Pauly..... how come you've removed them?

Would you want to drive around with bright orange writing all over your van ??
It was only ever meant to be temporary, we did it for busfest (and a couple of other shows) and parked the van in the corner of a display arena to get a bit of exposure and let people know about the forum, we run a few work vans so know from experience that once its been on a while and you remove it can never get rid of the marks in the paint it leaves (sun fade im guessing), have vans we have paid to have it removed from and machine polished a couple times afterwards and you can still make out the old sign writing in the sun so didnt want to chance it !!

Fair point..... looks like it's done the job..... I've been quiet for a couple of weeks as been bombed out at work...... can no longer keep up with the amount of threads and conversations on here!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reactions: Rob
If you have an RS account then you can use LRM label remover RS number 236-1874 it's citrus based and removed all the sticky stuff we have had at work

Reactions: Loz
Water based panel wipe will do it. Part of my vans beauty regimen :thumbsup:
Halfords own brand if you have one nearby.

This is a bit left field... but is non chemical and removes just about anything that shouldn't be there, including pine sap and road tar spots.. Mr Zogs X wax and tar remover.

Not sure how to answer that. You want to use a highly inflammable substance to clean off some glue. The fact the fumes do you no good and you have the stuff clinging to you means any one lighting spark could set it off and your pride & joy would be well away along with you. Not something I would advise but hey it works for you.

done it loads of vans over the years..never bothered me
half jam jar with petrol in and a rag.. job done
love the smell of thinners too :)

Would you want to drive around with bright orange writing all over your van ??
It was only ever meant to be temporary, we did it for busfest (and a couple of other shows) and parked the van in the corner of a display arena to get a bit of exposure and let people know about the forum, we run a few work vans so know from experience that once its been on a while and you remove it can never get rid of the marks in the paint it leaves (sun fade im guessing), have vans we have paid to have it removed from and machine polished a couple times afterwards and you can still make out the old sign writing in the sun so didnt want to chance it !!
Tar remover got mine off my old T5

I've used a bit of paraffin before now, it also runs my cooker to make the tea whilst I'm doing the job :rolleyes:

Back