Side Steps

Cirrus

Just looking to pimp my T6 Highline up a little and fancy some side steps. There seem to be many different types around and the ones I like are the S/S tubular type. Plenty of these on eBay for about £110 but I just wanted to know if they are decent for that sort of money?

Whilst away this week and admiring the multitude of Transporters in Devon & Cornwall my wife remarked that she liked the polished side bars on a number of them. Well that amounts to an executive sign off on the purchase to me so I'm looking for side bars....

I prefer polished stainless type that have the ends curving under the van.

Quick question though - do they cause a problem with front mudflaps? It looks as though the bar end should sit comfortably behind the mudflap but I'd just like to be sure.

I like the look (and price) of these: VW T5 T6 Swb OE Style Sportline Side Bars Transporter & Caravelle

Anybody on here have any direct experience of them?
TIA :thumbsup:

Whilst away this week and admiring the multitude of Transporters in Devon & Cornwall my wife remarked that she liked the polished side bars on a number of them. Well that amounts to an executive sign off on the purchase to me so I'm looking for side bars....

I prefer polished stainless type that have the ends curving under the van.

Quick question though - do they cause a problem with front mudflaps? It looks as though the bar end should sit comfortably behind the mudflap but I'd just like to be sure.

I like the look (and price) of these: VW T5 T6 Swb OE Style Sportline Side Bars Transporter & Caravelle

Anybody on here have any direct experience of them?
TIA :thumbsup:
In answer to your query those that T6 Dave fitted curve in behind the front mudflap and do not interfere at all :):thumbsup:

@YellowHound, I have the curved black set on mine and can confirm that the do not interfere with the front mudguards. That maybe because the mudguards from the front are now sat in a box in the garage :D. But seriously though, even before I took them off due to them dragging on the floor when entering my driveway, the never fouled the sidebars.:thumbsup:.

Back