Side on Sunday.

Santa was good to you. It looks quite impressive how it is staying on the van rather than running off quickly. Do you think it is the gun or the foam?

(I don’t foam the van or car often, but I’m using a cheapo gun from Lidl’s that my kids got me at Xmas….cost-conscious boys, NOT!!!)
So I did some research before buying a new foam gun using The Forensic Detailing channel on YouTube and the Polar Blast gear was highly rated so thought I’d give it a go. It’s very thick but I only really use it as a pre wash and then use G-Techniq G Wash to wash it and it’s pretty good.

This is my third gun and the best yet, I used the Karcher one and also a cheap one off Amazon but both were pretty pants to be fair, the Auto Glym one feels good quality and so far I’m impressed.

So I did some research before buying a new foam gun using The Forensic Detailing channel on YouTube and the Polar Blast gear was highly rated so thought I’d give it a go. It’s very thick but I only really use it as a pre wash and then use G-Techniq G Wash to wash it and it’s pretty good.

This is my third gun and the best yet, I used the Karcher one and also a cheap one off Amazon but both were pretty pants to be fair, the Auto Glym one feels good quality and so far I’m impressed.
I looked at the Karcher one that came with my washer and promptly threw it in the bin!

Santa was good to you. It looks quite impressive how it is staying on the van rather than running off quickly. Do you think it is the gun or the foam?

(I don’t foam the van or car often, but I’m using a cheapo gun from Lidl’s that my kids got me at Xmas….cost-conscious boys, NOT!!!)

I agree about guns, the gun makes all the difference. A good quality show foam gun will give a better foam regardless of the product used. I got mine from Autobrite direct a few years ago and it’s brilliant.

I used to use their own brand snow foam, but found myself in a halfrauds one day and grabbed some of the Autoglym foam to try. It’s pretty impressive stuff to be fair, but like @RyanGerry I only use it as a pre wash.

I’m going to stick with original height for now. Looking at a splitter at the front and the side bars. I could go for chunkier tyres when these ones run low.

That poor van is crying out for summer wheels :cool:
@Peatey - when the NC500 trip is done & the sun starts shining, the summer 19's will come out to play...

Have you decided on a colour for your 2nd set of Canteras yet?
It's no good having them in your shed collecting dust. :cool:

@Peatey - when the NC500 trip is done & the sun starts shining, the summer 19's will come out to play...

Have you decided on a colour for your 2nd set of Canteras yet?
It's no good having them in your shed collecting dust. :cool:
I think I've decided on a colour, just need to put it in to action.... watch this space ;)

Back