Side door lower roller

davidkehoe

Hi,
Can someone please advise me on the best side door lower rollers, as i have had to replace them 4 times in the last three years on my t6 due to poor quality,ars they only made in plastic.is there an alternative such as a metal ball bearing type ,I don't mind paying god money for a good product ,
Kind regards
Dai

Hi Dai,

I've just been sent a second replacement as a warranty replacement from my eBay purchase from vwtrims

Late 2017 T6. The factory one failed in winter 2020-21 and the replacement failed in winter 2022-23.

Not sure if this info helps you, they say this is only the second warranty replacement in 8 years of selling them.

Chris

So I got one of the cheaper bottom roller guide (can tell why it's cheaper) changed it and it works fine so far!
now I have replaced the roller on my original one,
I just got replacement rollers from my local store and machined them to the correct dimension, had to make a sleeve for the inner bearing as it is slightly bigger than the factory maybe last longer. Then drilled and tapped the pin that it goes on, put some thread sealer on a stainless bolt and hopefully it should be ok. When it goes again it should be an easy swap.
IMG_9447.jpeg

IMG_9448.jpeg

IMG_9449.jpeg

The left roller is one of the repair kits off fleabay too small inner diameter, and the right one is what I used

Last edited: 14 minutes ago

Ok, so the lower roller on my 2019 caravelle (power doors) failed yesterday. I can see a few cheap (<£30) online but also some really expensive (>£100) ones. I’ve not checked with vw themselves yet but am guessing they’ll be at the more expensive end. What are people’s thoughts here? There’s a big price difference.

I bought a Febi one for £18 and it's spot on. Just check if yous has got the latch.

With

Without

So far the cheap one has been ok
Time will tell, but I have the original ready to go.
Also they are handed so make sure to get the correct one.

Back