UK Custom Covers Internal Blinds - Avoid

bullracing

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Poor quality internal blinds from UK Custom Covers, I do not recommend.

My friend recommended them to me last year and the quality was amazing so I purchased a set. The ones I got were slightly lower quality material then his but still ok.

After 6 months and 5 uses one of the front poppers came away from the windscreen blind. I had some problems with it popping off now and then but got the hang of it. They replaced the front one luckily but yet again this new one which was even lower quality has done the same thing after just a few uses. They wont reply to my messages this time however they are able to get discount sales up, still take orders and still sending orders out so its pretty poor customer service now.

I had no alternative but to repair myself. I went with high quality heavy duty leather poppers. Bonus is they are black too.
You will see the poor quality poppers in the pictures of the silver ones that come on the blinds as opposed to the blacks I have fitted. Not to mention the slight rusting on a few of them which is a tad worrying. My new ones are brass so I wont ever have that problem again.
A slight rant but last thing I want is owners to waste their money. I cannot recommend them anymore so please avoid if you can. I am sure there is higher quality ones out there. At the price you pay it is dissapointing.
The concept of them is spot on but the quality is the problem.
Happy to repair/upgrade anyones for a small cost but obviously I would rather you purchased better ones in the 1st place. £85 is a tad steep for a poor product.

20200509_103923_resized.jpg
20200509_103936_resized.jpg
20200509_104004_resized.jpg
20200509_104039_resized.jpg
20200509_104017_resized.jpg
20200509_105042_resized.jpg
20200509_105053_resized.jpg

They look like good quality to me,

is it just the poppers you had issue with?

The material length is much shorter then my friends and my 1st front one so you pop one side on, go to pop the other on and the 1st side pops off. The material has less stretch then the 1st ones.
The sides are perfectly fine with the magnets on.
There is a few people making this design.
The stitching is nice but for £85 it should be, just a shame they cant fit and use proper poppers in the first place like the ones I fitted. The popper makes the product after all. Without it would not work.
Clearly cost cutting compared to their 1st ones sold and my friend paid a lot less so price has gone up and quality has come down.

Second thumbs down for UK Custom Covers. On mine one side popped off when fitting other side. Poppers too weak. They sent some stronger ones through - too strong, wrecked the cover. Went down to the local haberdashery and bought new poppers to fit myself And they are Ok now. The sides were also different sizes.

They did eventually send through a replacement set but it took a lot of hassle.

Back