shuttle Rear HVAC unit clicking

Bill491

VIP Member
Hi, after advice please.
I have a clicking coming from the rear HVAC unit when I first turn on the ignition which normally lasts for a few seconds and then stops.
On further investigation I've found that the noise is coming from the servo on the rear HVAC unit which when I turn the ignition on does a sweep from open to close but then tries to drive itself beyond the stops on the cam.
Its not showing up as an error but I was wondering if the limits of the servo need to be re-programmed in.
Besides being annoying, I'm sure that its only a matter of time before the servo wears itself to pieces.

Hi. I had this with a T5 shuttle. T5.1 shuttle didn’t do it but now have a t6 and it does. Did you find a fix?

Hi, No cure as yet, more a sticking plaster for the time being. I’ve found no faults on VCDS scan and when disconnecting the link arms on the unit, both flaps are free to move. I don’t seem to be getting airflow out of the main overhead vents, only the smaller vents so suspect there may be another actuator that has a problem. I intend to investigate further when I drop the head lining. For now as a temporary fix I’ve repositioned the link arm drive wheels to a mid point, you can hear the actuators run through a sweep but at least they’re not trying to drive past the stops and causing damage. I’d be interested to know if you have the same vent issues

Hi, No cure as yet, more a sticking plaster for the time being. I’ve found no faults on VCDS scan and when disconnecting the link arms on the unit, both flaps are free to move. I don’t seem to be getting airflow out of the main overhead vents, only the smaller vents so suspect there may be another actuator that has a problem. I intend to investigate further when I drop the head lining. For now as a temporary fix I’ve repositioned the link arm drive wheels to a mid point, you can hear the actuators run through a sweep but at least they’re not trying to drive past the stops and causing damage. I’d be interested to know if you have the same vent issues
Hi yes only air coming from the window de-mist/small vents or floor vent. I saw a post about a third actuator in the roof lining but damned if I can find it now.

I’m interested in this.... I don’t get air out of the main roof vents, just the side demisters and floor as well. I’ve never been brave enough to drop the headlining to investigate but have wondered if you can pry out the vents and control panel from the headlining to see if there’s another actuator in there, there has to be really.

I’m interested in this.... I don’t get air out of the main roof vents, just the side demisters and floor as well. I’ve never been brave enough to drop the headlining to investigate but have wondered if you can pry out the vents and control panel from the headlining to see if there’s another actuator in there, there has to be really.
From what I remember from the post I saw it was a little way away from the control unit vent panel. I’ll try and find again but I’m not keen on dropping the liner that’s for sure. I haven’t actually checked where the noise is coming from either as I’m always at the helm.

The third actuator is at the rear centre of the headliner. I found the shaft had sheared on mine. The flap was free to move so I can only assume that it had been refitted in the wrong position at some point. I've replaced this but I can't find the rear heater in VCDS to complete the set-up procedure. VCDS is saying that I have aux heater fitted (which I haven't). I can;t find the rear heater in any of the options - does anyone have any ideas please ?

Back