Shuttle insurance current advice

Arthur sixpence

Hi everyone starting new thread on this as want up to date advice. I just got badly stung on insurance quotes. Can anyone advise a good insurer? 9 seaters seem to be difficult to insure. I would prefer fewer
seats. I only need three really.
Is it easy to get DVlA to recognize the removal of rear bench? Do floor mounts have to come out.
Will they recognize a single front seat replacing bench two seater?

Thanks in advance .

Last edited:
Hi Arthur. What you got van-wise - PV/Kombi or day-van/camper? This will help narrow down which insurers to recommend. :thumbsup:

Haha - yes, just re-read the thread title. :rolleyes:

I've got a camper, so not too sure on who to recommend for a Shuttle. Hopefully someone with a Shuttle will be able to advise, though the market is changing extremely rapidly atm, so the companies that were recommendable only a few weeks ago may no longer be so now. My advice is to collate a long list of insurers and hit them all for a quotation - appreciate that's a ball-ache, but it's the only way to find the best fit for your particular circumstances.

Haha - yes, just re-read the thread title. :rolleyes:

I've got a camper, so not too sure on who to recommend for a Shuttle. Hopefully someone with a Shuttle will be able to advise, though the market is changing extremely rapidly atm, so the companies that were recommendable only a few weeks ago may no longer be so now. My advice is to collate a long list of insurers and hit them all for a quotation - appreciate that's a ball-ache, but it's the only way to find the best fit for your particular circumstances.
Thanks mate. I’m hoping to rip the seats out, so on to DVLA next.

Reactions: Bav
Pretty sure that's been discussed here on the forum somewhere, so the search function is your friend regarding the process for informing DVLA (believe it's really straight-forward). Re the insurers - they won't care about what's on your V5, just as long as the details you provide them with match the reality of your van.

Back