Shunt/battery control module part-no

It does seem odd that it's always the LIN wire, you'd think it would be others with similar routing or from the same supply chain.
True, it seems to be more susceptible, either up near battery or underneath in the poorly protected and routed conduit. I’ve absolutely no doubt other wires will get damaged in the same area over time. They are pull back and forth to several clamps, and then many wires that exit are not protected, example, egr and charge cooler pump wires simply exit the conduit and are exposed.

Makes me wonder if I should consider precautions on my currently younger T6.1 :unsure:

Makes me wonder if I should consider precautions on my currently younger T6.1 :unsure:
To be honest, the more it’s left alone probably the better lol.

I did start wrapping all wires in the conduit, but then realised that would make any future inspections or repairs way more difficult, so chose to do similar to factory and just wrap ever now and then, but very spaced out. What I did do, is wrap the wires where they are clamped under the conduit, since that made sense to me - since if they are pulled onto a bracket, the exposed wires allowed to rub freely on the casing.

Wire replaced - it was actually still connected OK, just the sheathing had split, but I refreshed it anyway. Didn’t help with any of my other voltage related issues though.

Back