Show Us Your Old Pride And Joy Cars From Yesteryears

I miss my Stag, 3 litre V8, real engine, not one of those Rover jobs, overdrive in 3rd and 4th, oh the burble from the exhaust, beautiful!

In 1972 my newly married mum and dad were about to buy a new Triumph. They had a choice, a Stag and no babies for a several years or a 1500 (exactly the same as this) and putting the money saved into starting a family.

OLP162L was bought and registered and I came along just over a year later,

My dad still reminds me he would rather have had the stag :whistle: :D

I miss my Stag, 3 litre V8, real engine, not one of those Rover jobs, overdrive in 3rd and 4th, oh the burble from the exhaust, beautiful!
Yes same here
Had an original stag v8 engine in mine ,should not have sold it ,convinced by the wife
Also had gt6’s they were fun

OT - Is that a Robin Hood?
I had a robin hood S7. It was dolomite based, but very little dolomite left on it. It had been heavily modded with custom made rear suspension arms and modded front dolomite struts to raise the height. Then had a tuned 2.0 pinto engine mated to a cosworth gearbox onto the cosworth LSD.

Quick car but handling was very scary! Not how it should have been. Good fun though.

This was my baby for 19 years.
An R34 GTR V-spec Nissan Skyline
I imported it from Japan and modified it to 593bhp. She was a lairy beast that went clean off the clock at 180mph.
I cashed it in last year and it broke my heart. But bought my T6 off some of the money which made me lots happier again.
I would rather be away up the hills in my camper fishing than tearing up a drag strip or track these days.
My T6 is now my baby
IMG_3337.jpeg

I think this was my 4th car (and 4th mini!), a 1997 Mini Cooper Sport pack with 13" gold minilites and a proper loud exhaust. Brilliant thing.
1000006859.jpg

Then a number of years later, loved this thing but sold it as the fuel economy was ruinous and I could see some massive bills coming my way. Subaru Legacy Spec B. 3.0l flat 6, AWD, 245bhp. 4x people up, in the pissing rain, floor it from the lights and you were gone!! 24mpg was good though!
IMG_20181213_134438.jpg

Last edited:
Back