Shopping for a T6

marty NCL

T6 Pro
Hello All,
I am looking to add another transporter to the fleet!
Currently have T2, which is an unhealthy obsession, and what better second vehicle than a T6 of course!

My current daily is a Golf R, and a few days ago I stumbled across ramblings of a TSi 4motion T5.
This obviously led me to question if this was also available in the T6 lineup, in hope to replace the Golf.

I have found reference to the model, although finding any for sale, seems like looking for a mythical creature!

My list of wants...
T6
TSi
4motion
SWB
Manual (which I may compromise on)

Am I looking for the impossible!?
Picture attached of my T2 (because I know how forums work)

Any help much appreciated from the experts, and apologies for an introduction, already asking for information!
Marty.

DSC_9345.jpg

Stick to your guns, they do exist, they are out there
If you call them they will come !!

Thanks Pauly,
Very good to know i'm not chasing a unicorn.
I'm keen enough to be half way through writing a for sale post on the Golf already!

Definitely keep looking for what you want because if you compromise you’ll regret it in the long term. Nice T2 by the way

Hi Steve!
Yeah thanks for that, totally agree.
I have compromised on some small specs in the past and somewhat regretted it.

I'm hoping if I can find the right T6 that it will be a very long term keeper.
Will be keeping my eyes peeled!

Could you get a TSI 4mo in this country? Thought UK ones were all FWD? If you can get one it would be epic.

Last edited:
Certainly hope so mate, should have mentioned I am in the UK aswell.

Thanks also, I feel very strangely attached to my T2!

Ahhh gutted bognor... Was ideally looking for a van aswell, and hate driving lhd panel vans on our roads.

So... Not likely to be a popular choice, but is the t5 my only option?
Waz the t5 even sold in the UK with this spec?

You are certainly a man in the know bognor!

I wondered about that when I saw the caddy golf r conversion. Remember thinking if you can gat a tsi 4mo transporter, why bother with a fwd golf r caddy!

Certainly not ready to do a lhd/rhd conversion just yet, even for my dream van.

Cheers

A cracking looking T2

Do you need the 4 Mo? Would all season or grippier tyres help? Also, I'd be adding LED headlights to the list as a must have! Good luck in your search

don't care what anyone says, if youre wanting performance then a transporter will never match the golf... youll never get the traction in the vans like you do in the golf (i had the new s3) But id still take the van over one of them practically and style out weighs the majority of plus's to your golf/other hot hatches, though if i had the money, id have both. haha

Though, lads on here do run 300bhp TSI vans... speak to them, i know one of them for sure - @kn0bby

Thanks for the T2 love!

I live slightly rural near the second highest town above sea level. It gets rough enough to make 4motion high on the list of requirements.

Not fussed from a performance point of view. 200hp in a van will suit probably 99% of my driving right now.

Thanks again for the help...
Friendly bunch here!

Thanks for the T2 love!

I live slightly rural near the second highest town above sea level. It gets rough enough to make 4motion high on the list of requirements.

Not fussed from a performance point of view. 200hp in a van will suit probably 99% of my driving right now.

Thanks again for the help...
Friendly bunch here!

a set of all season tyres on 2wd, will work better in the snow and ice than a summer set on 4motion, fact

Totally agree callakn!
My previous 2 dailys are golf r and audi tt quattro (vr6). Ran winter tyres on all my cars for the last 5+ years and can agree the difference is night and day.

Despite the winter rubber 2wd didn't quite come up with enough to scramble about, which is, to be fair likely a mix of both vehicle capability and driver error.
I'm a firm advocate of running the correct tyres still!

So... Today has seen the search for a t5 with the above spec, and no luck!
Can't bring myself to turn to the dark side of disease (sorry to the tdi boys).

Willing to import, and have a contact thought the t2s who is very capable to assist.
Waz there ever a rhd model further afield with the above spec? South Africa for example?

So.. 2 years down the line... throwback to my original post
T6
TSi
4motion
SWB
Manual

Since my first posts, I have spent almost every week looking at the used market.
The more I looked the bigger my list of wants got, adding twin sliders and tailgate to what was already a tall order, looking at low mileage, manual, 4motions.
Happy to report, I finally joined the club in January!

I have been holding off while tidying up a few bits and bobs, but now is time to share the obligatory photo of my now pride and joy...
Happy to be back!

DSC_9869.jpg

So.. 2 years down the line... throwback to my original post
T6
TSi
4motion
SWB
Manual

Since my first posts, I have spent almost every week looking at the used market.
The more I looked the bigger my list of wants got, adding twin sliders and tailgate to what was already a tall order, looking at low mileage, manual, 4motions.
Happy to report, I finally joined the club in January!

I have been holding off while tidying up a few bits and bobs, but now is time to share the obligatory photo of my now pride and joy...
Happy to be back!

View attachment 153691
Looks nice, glad to see you did the sensible thing and got a LWB. Team silver LWB all the way.

Back