sheltaPod campervan awning

sheltaPod is a brand new campervan awning design that has just gone into production following a successful crowdfunding campaign. We already have pre orders for 320 of our 'first production run' stock and only have a limited number of awnings left. These are available at a discounted price $299/£240 plus shipping and includes some free stuff as well.
Deliveries starts - May/June 2017.
(Indiegogo is a US based crowdfunding site which we are continuing to use for pre orders, hence prices are currently in USD but sheltaPod is based in the UK)

VW AD photo montage.jpg

If she takes it Down to Builth Wells when it's windy you will find out, the wind does blow down the Wye Valley

In high winds the Pod/tent section copes very well because it's quite aerodynamic. However the sun canopy section that attaches to the van acts like a giant sail and flaps about a lot which in turn shakes the van. No good if your trying to sleep inside! To combat this, we recommend that the user attaches more guy ropes to the Pod and then detaches the sun canopy, rolling it up and securing it just above the doorway. Once the winds ease it's simple to just roll it back out and attach onto the van again. We are of course assuming that if the winds are that high, the user will be sensibly sleeping in the van and not the Pod/tent!

We're definitely hoping to do more colours. We had to keep our first production run small to increase our chances of crowdfunding success. Now that we have raised those funds, our factory has started to manufacturer the orange and blue ones. But the plan for the 2nd production run is to introduce a grey version as well. When our manufacturing quantities steadily increase we hope to offer a green one, with other colours available as bespoke customised orders.

I like the look of that awning, not something I am considering at the moment but I wish you every success with it!

We have a Sheltapod for our T6, just had ten days touring France, we had some serious rain storms and the Pod didn't leak a drop! AWESOME piece of kit, brilliant design and so versatile. Order one you won't be disappointed!!!

sheltaPod is a brand new campervan awning design that has just gone into production following a successful crowdfunding campaign. We already have pre orders for 320 of our 'first production run' stock and only have a limited number of awnings left. These are available at a discounted price $299/£240 plus shipping and includes some free stuff as well. If you would like to learn more please visit - https://igg.me/at/sheltaPod.
Deliveries starts - May/June 2017.
(Indiegogo is a US based crowdfunding site which we are continuing to use for pre orders, hence prices are currently in USD but sheltaPod is based in the UK)

www.sheltaPodcampervanawnings.co.uk

View attachment 4991

Video -
Hi Julie we’ve just ordered one for Nambee after stacks of research. Where is the campsite in your video? Looks fantastic!

Back