Self build bed pullout

Brae

T6 Pro
First attempt at building a bed pullout to allow longer days away on bike trips and to travel this summer around Scotlands west coast for 2 weeks . Getting it to this stage and using as much recycled wood as possible even added a pullout gas stove certainly gives a sense of satisfaction and the fact of just giving it a go .IMG_1143.JPG IMG_1152.PNG IMG_1153.PNG IMG_1124.JPG

That looks very good ! I have been contemplating this recently. I have a Kombi bed at the min that uses the Kombi seat to make full length bed, but contemplating making one of these and my own units. Have you drawn up a plan of measurements etc that you would be willing to share?

That looks very good ! I have been contemplating this recently. I have a Kombi bed at the min that uses the Kombi seat to make full length bed, but contemplating making one of these and my own units. Have you drawn up a plan of measurements etc that you would be willing to share?
That looks nice and compact when not in use. Was it easy to do?

Hi sorry for the slow reply house renovations have taken over ...:(

To be honest it's built mostly with wood we receive from Germany that our products are shipped over with , i measured the floor of the van to allow a comfortable length and width to sleep with it single and again comfortable if 2 people need to sleep on it when pulled out .
I found a few bits of info online pictures and blogs that others have done, mine has been a bit freestyle :) i initially wanted the top part hinged, instead i went with sliders that give me access to the storage,and the drawer with the gas stove was something else i managed to make work .
sorry i didn't log sizes etc
finished painting it 2 weeks ago

Just give it a go :thumbsup:

IMG_1203.JPG

Back