Seat too high after fitting swivels

Jollyvan

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Having fitted Sportscraft swivels to front seats I now find that the drivers seat is too high for my wife to press the clutch to the floor even with the seat in its lowest position. Anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

....seriously, was she OK with the clutch before you fitted them? Looks like the swivels raise the height by about an inch.

Yes - so I never gave it a thought. Its a little more than an inch (Leaving myself open to jokes Here!) but it just makes the seat too high. I hope the only solution isn't to change to original VW seats with built in swivels because they are like rocking horse manure. Also I am reluctant to change the wife.

@Jollyvan if it is a case of the passenger's feet (your wife's) not reaching the floor in a comfortable position then why not consider a foot stool or fold down rest mounted on the front face of the passenger seatbase. A foot stool could be secured to the seatbase by means of hooked downward-facing tongues hooking into hoops on the seatbase. If, however, it is you as the driver then you might just have to remove the swivel.

Yes - so I never gave it a thought. Its a little more than an inch (Leaving myself open to jokes Here!) but it just makes the seat too high. I hope the only solution isn't to change to original VW seats with built in swivels because they are like rocking horse manure. Also I am reluctant to change the wife.

You could try one of these:

VW T5 Single Seat Base Box

Thought I would post an update. I purchased a lowered seat box and fitted it to the drivers side last week during the milder weather. It is a heavy well engineered unit but the fit is excellent and designed for my sportscraft swivel. Fitting this base has solved both problems my wife can now reach the pedals without having the seat too far forward and I can adjust the seat for a more comfortable driving position. Thanks Miles for pointing this out to me.

Thought I would post an update. I purchased a lowered seat box and fitted it to the drivers side last week during the milder weather. It is a heavy well engineered unit but the fit is excellent and designed for my sportscraft swivel. Fitting this base has solved both problems my wife can now reach the pedals without having the seat too far forward and I can adjust the seat for a more comfortable driving position. Thanks Miles for pointing this out to me.

Glad it all worked out! :)

Wow...she must be tiny! I'm just over 5ft and have no problem! Glad you've sorted it.

Thanks guys. I have have the same problem with the drivers seat being too high once a swivel was fitted. Can I ask, did the original handbreak cover fit with the lowered base?

I’m looking at a set of T5 Cali swivel seats - will I lose height adjustment with these?

Back