Seat base adaptors for MTB rack

Richud224

Does anyone know of a product on the market that acts as a adaptor that can be used to fix to the existing kombi rear seat floor mounts?

im planning to make an mtb stand/rack like in the image but mine will be marrower and so id like to fit it to the floor via the seat mounts.

cheers in advance

four1-2-scaled.jpg

Good shout @BikerPa like this idea. Hi @Richud224 was looking at these also. Some sold out and other over £300. Do look good but like you can't help think a DIY job may suffice?

I'd only be looking for a two bike carrier but im weighing up options and once you've splashed out on some phenolic bitch ply, hinges, metal work its not going to be far
off the £199 they are asking for it. as much as id like to make one from scratch.

Think i may get one and modify it to bolt down to the seat points instead of having tie downs slung all over.

I'd only be looking for a two bike carrier but im weighing up options and once you've splashed out on some phenolic bitch ply, hinges, metal work its not going to be far
off the £199 they are asking for it. as much as id like to make one from scratch.

Think i may get one and modify it to bolt down to the seat points instead of having tie downs slung all over.
The price of material Def adds up then there is the time factor. I watched some videos on how they are produced etc and do look class! I only would need two bike carrier also at present but soon will need 3 and then 4.... So thinking bite the bullet and get one that is future proof!

I have a SWB kombi and brought the 2 bike Bikestow rack. I drop the back of the rear bench then fold it forward. Using the straps provided with the bike tow i fasten it down using the seat mounts.
Works a treat for me

Back