Scotland Epic

Where abouts did you go @KombiKommando ?

I’m planning a Scotland trip next month, starting at the Lake District, then on up to Ben Nevis, Loch Ness, John O’Groats, taking in a distillery tour, then working our way back down again.

Haven’t yet planned the way back!

Where abouts did you go @KombiKommando ?

I’m planning a Scotland trip next month, starting at the Lake District, then on up to Ben Nevis, Loch Ness, John O’Groats, taking in a distillery tour, then working our way back down again.

Haven’t yet planned the way back!

We live in the east Midlands. Drove from home to the lakes for the first night. Our itinerary went like this (all nights off grid):

Day 1: home to Lake District
Day 2: Lakes to Loch Lomond.
Day 3: Loch Lomond to Fort William.
Day 4: Fort William. (Museums, Glenfinnan Railway etc).
Day 5: Spean Bridge visit on way to Isle of Skye.
Day 6: Isle of Skye.
Day 7: Isle of Skye.
Day 8: Skye to Applecross over the pass.
Day 9: Applecross to Inverness. (No further north as we didn't plan on 2 days at FW and Skye into original plan!)
Day 10: Inverness to Lossiemouth Harbour.
Day 11: Lossiemouth. Visits to Culloden Moor and a castle.
Day 12: Lossie to the Highlands museum in the cairngorms.
Day 13: Edinburgh. Whole day out.
Day 14: Edinburgh to somewhere near morecambe bay. Fish and chips!
Day 15: Morecambe bay to Anglesea. (Van broken... now half sorted!)
Day 16: Anglesea to home.

Took it steady and planned for driving a max of 3hrs from one place to another. Sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't, the scenery was too good to just drive past sometimes! 2 days in FW was meant to only be one day but my boy went down with D+V so that was an interesting night in the van..... 2nd day in FW was a recovery day for him really but worked out well. 2 days on Skye was planned either but the Old Man of Storr needed climbing and the fishing off the coast was brilliant! (Caught trout in an evening where we camped in FW, all eating size and the ticket cost £4!!!)

Wow. That’s heck of an adventure! Sounds like a great itinerary. Thanks for the detail and inspiration.

We’re based in Bedfordshire and are currently off to Cornwall, but I’m not in the Van as we have accommodation. Keep going to wave at T6’s then remember I’m in a 1 series BMW! Haha.

Our trip will be probably 8 days rather than your epic adventure but I’ll definitely look up some of the places you’ve been. Going to make sure to pack a tripod and my SLR.

We’ve got two kids, so we’ll see how they get on with a few hours travelling each day!

:0)

Back