Sca 192 Sleeping Space (width)

Pau1GTI

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi Guys,

We currently have no popup and I'm looking at fitting an SCA 192. One of the main reasons for doing it is to have a wider sleeping space. Our rib 112 feels very cramped as the Mrs and I tend to sleep on our sides. We are both stick insects too so that's not the issue haha.

But yeah, even with duvalays we are just not getting a great night sleep due to the width of the rib we feel. I messed up as I did initally look at narrow furnature and a 120 rib but hey ho...

So if anyone who has a sca 192, can you do me a favour and measure inside the bed area from canvas to canvas please?

Many thanks
Paul

I dunno, coming from a tent-camping background I try not to let anything touch the canvas :thumbsup:
Maybe modern materials mean you dont need to be quite so careful but its ingrained now!

I dunno, coming from a tent-camping background I try not to let anything touch the canvas :thumbsup:
Maybe modern materials mean you dont need to be quite so careful but its ingrained now!
...great minds lol

I hear ya guys. Just be nice to gain more than 8cm over the 112 of you get me. Maybe that's all that's needed tho.

We have an SCA194, I'm not 100% but had always thought that the 192 was the LWB version of the same?? Just popped my roof and, canvas to canvas, it measures 126cm. The actual sleeping platform and mattress is only 110cm wide though - there is a 8cm strip either side of this which, in our case, has strip lights in it.

As for the RIB, we have the slightly wider 120cm one and sleep very well on it with our Duvalay sleeping bags - ours are the 66cm wide ones and they squeeze in nicely side by side on the bed with one flipped inside out so the openings run down the middle and face each other - if we tried to do similar in the roof I think they would drift apart and touch the canvas - if not the mattress part, the bedding certainly would.

We have an SCA194, I'm not 100% but had always thought that the 192 was the LWB version of the same?? Just popped my roof and, canvas to canvas, it measures 126cm. The actual sleeping platform and mattress is only 110cm wide though - there is a 8cm strip either side of this which, in our case, has strip lights in it.

As for the RIB, we have the slightly wider 120cm one and sleep very well on it with our Duvalay sleeping bags - ours are the 66cm wide ones and they squeeze in nicely side by side on the bed with one flipped inside out so the openings run down the middle and face each other - if we tried to do similar in the roof I think they would drift apart and touch the canvas - if not the mattress part, the bedding certainly would.

Awesome info thanks mate. Doesn't sound like I'll gain much extra space in the roof then sadly. We do the same as you with 2 x 58mm duvalays and find it a bit cramped at times but comfy in terms of firmness.

I just can't see the roof bed being comfy enough without the duvalays on there also surely?

Cheers
Paul

Unless you need a pop top ... sell your furniture and bed and get slim units and bigger bed. Probably cheaper.

Unless you need a pop top ... sell your furniture and bed and get slim units and bigger bed. Probably cheaper.

That's a fair comment, I'll prob just live with it and go for a pop up for standing etc. But yeah......your right.

That's a fair comment, I'll prob just live with it and go for a pop up for standing etc. But yeah......your right.
Whether you end up using it to sleep or not, a pop top totally changes the feel inside the van and provides a much more usable and comfortable space to live in.

Back