Rubbish lower door lights

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
All three are like this; that's not dirt it's just worn paint.
No issues in three years in our last Cali.
I think they've replaced decent metal with rubbish plastic. Anyone else had similar?
It's just over a year old, 7200 miles. We're very careful with it.

20746316_10154730333347805_781676658576252154_o.jpg

I put bike frame clear protection tape on mine ,as I thought that might happen .
Still look like new .

Trim only warranted for six months. And they will say that an inappropriate cleaning product has been used. Nobody else has had this problem, sir....
Carbon wrap them.

The T5.1 was not as well built as the T5, and when I looked over the T6 all I could see was penny-pinching and cheap trim. The light switch on the Highline no longer has the brushed chrome trim. The aluminium look insert on the mfsw is now shiny black plastic. The instrument binnacle reeked of cost cutting.

The finish of the step lights on your Cali come as no surprise. VW Need to get their act together and start putting some real quality back in their vehicles

Totally agree on quality and the poor light given off..
For the expense of Gen6 or cali/beach these should be a fair higher standard.

An older chap I know ran a chain of car dealers; he preferred older cars and when I asked why he told me "car manufacturers only bring out new models when they find a way of making it significantly cheaper."

I think he was right.

An older chap I know ran a chain of car dealers; he preferred older cars and when I asked why he told me "car manufacturers only bring out new models when they find a way of making it significantly cheaper."

I think he was right.
Absolutely right, this is widely said within VW to be the case with the Golf Mk5, best quality they'd had in years but significantly over-engineered and made the accountants howl with horror and put huge pressure on bringing out the Mk6 and cutting as many corners and specs as possible to cut the cost of manufacturing each car

Back