Roof threshold removal

AntP

Could someone let me know how to remove the strip that runs between the two roof panels on a kombi, do you just have to leaver it off ?

6B7CBAEB-84DF-40DA-9509-F9820A7DAA9C.jpeg

Plastic trim tool,....start at one end

There are about 6 barbed posts, that fit in a channel on the back of the trim, that push into plastic recepticals in the roof. You have to get near them and be firm with the trim tool.

Ian

If its never been off then they can be VERY tight to get off but theres aprox 6 plastic pins that insert up into the roof

Just a word of caution, you can only take this strip off and on a few times before the clips give up and stop holding it in securely so try to avoid took many removals

As above, and I would say get a fork ended tool to straddle the barb to be extra safe and prevent creasing the panel.
If they don't grip very well on installation give them a squeeze with a pair of pliers to flatten them a bit. 'Works a treat.

Just to add to the 6.1 knowledge base. My 6.1 Kombi has 8 clips along the strip, and as everyone else points out a trim tool with a claw v notch works wonders are removing them if very careful. ABFA5594-6DBA-4412-9693-E81C9D6DA563.jpeg

Back