Roof rails - are T6 & T6.1 identical?

Richvwt6poole

Hi all.

Just purchased a t6.1

I’m looking at roof rails and racks.

Does anyone know if the roof for the 6.1 is the same as the t6 and will these fit.

Many thanks

IMG_7196.png

Pic of van

IMG_7197.jpeg

Do you have the roof rail prep or just the 4 holes with sealing nuts in the gutter?

AFAIK the basic roof mounts are same T6 and T6.1 just make sure you look at SWB or LWB as they are different locations.

You might also want to have a read through this thread as mounting rails can lead to water ingress - not everyone's mounting kit works well but there are a few ways of improving things:

Do you have the roof rail prep or just the 4 holes with sealing nuts in the gutter?

AFAIK the basic roof mounts are same T6 and T6.1 just make sure you look at SWB or LWB as they are different locations.
Hi. It’s the SWB. No rail prep. See pics of roof. Will these be ok? Thanks mate for reply

image.jpg

Yep those are the standard roof bolts.

Have a good read of the linked thread to understand the water ingress risk. I used a variation on it to mount my awning rail. You might be happy with the mounting in the rail system you choose, but at least when you know the risk you can have a good look and decide.

Back