Rock and roll Bed wont fold easily

Leeabr101

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I recently added a rock and roll bed to my camper conversion but had to take it apart to get it in the van. I've bolted it back together as it came but it doesnt seem to want to fold back up from inside. I can pull the side of it from the rear and it folds normally but doesnt want to using the seat belts/knee push method from inside. Is there something I've not put back in the right place? Do the seat belts do anything in particular to make it easier?

Do you have access to a drawing / diagram of the bed? If not I’m sure the manufacturer will supply one.
Only you know if it’s put back together correctly

It is back together as i bought it. I only removed two bolts and put them back. Im just wondering if the seat belts should help more than they appear to be. There are a couple of black plastic bits on the belts which i thought may need to be repositioned so they catch the frame and cause the fold but not sure.

It is back together as i bought it. I only removed two bolts and put them back. Im just wondering if the seat belts should help more than they appear to be. There are a couple of black plastic bits on the belts which i thought may need to be repositioned so they catch the frame and cause the fold but not sure.
No idea on the belts.
There will be some bolts that the frame pivots around when folding, if these are over-tightened the pivot will be stiff.

Your best bet is to go back to the manufacturer, or find someone local with the same bed so you can compare them.

Pete

If your van is on a slope it an be near impossible to put the seat back up on some rock and roll beds.

Back