Road noise.

JAS

newbie van owner,
Question re noise from pop top. Have a pop top but finding the wind noise in the cabin incredibly loud. Having to almost shout to speak to front passenger. Was told this is normal by converter, and someone is trying to fathom a device to fit in front of van to deflect the wind. Is this correct? I cannot pull the ties any tighter and it won't pull down any more.
Any advice please or is this normal and I need to get used to it?
Cheers

Ours can be noisey if the pop top isn't put away carefully.

Check that the canvas is evenly (and broadly)folded and not bunched up preventing the lid closing as much as it could.

I know what I mean :confused:

It really does make a difference, very quiet now.

Can't say I notice any wind noise from our pop-top certainly nothing like you describe. What sort of roof is it?

Designs have probably moved on - definitely no rattle from our SCA roof - it clamps down solid and the spoiler in front seems to deflect the wind very well.

I don't get any noise from the poptop but I do from the awning. Noticed a bit more since fitting wind deflectors too but expected that

Perhaps yours is like the one that I met on the A5 between Telford and Shrewsbury earlier this week, there was a gap of at least two inches between the pop-top front lip and the body when travelling at speed!! Maybe it's flying by now!

Rod

No wind noise from my Reimo Easy fit roof though I have a squeak issue I'm trying to resolve

Back