Rewire / cover exterior inlets

claude

Hi everyone,

New forum member here. We have just bought our first van and are looking to do a few upgrades to it. One of them I'm not sure if feasible so I am hoping you'll be able to give me some direction. As this relates to both the exterior but also potential rewiring I'm hoping this category is the right one.

We have various inlets on the side of the van as you can see which I don't find very aesthetically pleasing and I am hoping that it can be rewired and covered to look more like a normal van, or another way to make it look a bit more sleek. I assume if it's even possible it'll be costly, but let me know if you have suggestions.

This is our first van and my first post on the forum so apologies if I've missed some important information!

IMG_3542.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Hi everyone,

New forum member here. We have just bought our first van and are looking to do a few upgrades to it. One of them I'm not sure if feasible so I am hoping you'll be able to give me some direction. As this relates to both the exterior but also potential rewiring I'm hoping this category is the right one.

We have various inlets on the side of the van as you can see which I don't find very aesthetically pleasing and I am hoping that it can be rewired and covered to look more like a normal van, or another way to make it look a bit more sleek. I assume if it's even possible it'll be costly, but let me know if you have suggestions.

This is our first van and my first post on the forum so apologies if I've missed some important information!

View attachment 167273
Welcome to the forum!

What make camper is it?

Trouble is the vents are necessary. The two on the right are for your 3-way fridge, and it must have the vents for safety reasons.

You could only remove and cover them if you switch to an electric only compressor fridge.

Same with the left vent, presumably for gas heating and / or hot water. As for the rest, again you would be moving pip, cables etc and it might not be possible.

DSC_4574.JPGThis is ours, similar 3-way fridge vents plus a separate gas flue, and electric hook-up.

Welcome to the forum!

What make camper is it?

Trouble is the vents are necessary. The two on the right are for your 3-way fridge, and it must have the vents for safety reasons.

You could only remove and cover them if you switch to an electric only compressor fridge.

Same with the left vent, presumably for gas heating and / or hot water. As for the rest, again you would be moving pip, cables etc and it might not be possible.
It’s a 2016 T6. Maybe it’s the novice in me that doesn’t know, but I see so many full conversions without any of these but I presume they have a different setup or would there vents be hidden underneath? Very new at this so these questions might sound odd.

Yours look great, very streamlined. I feel mine take up too much of the space but I’m sure there’s a clever way to make it look better.

Most on here will have compressor fridges so no need for a vent.

Same with heating, if any is usually a diesel heater underneath with no hot water.

You and I have 3-way fridges which can run on gas, so no need for big batteries and solar panels.

You also have hot water I believe, the rest of us have to boil a kettle!

Anyway, thank you, that's the first time anyone has called our van sleek!

Most on here will have compressor fridges so no need for a vent.

Same with heating, if any is usually a diesel heater underneath with no hot water.

You and I have 3-way fridges which can run on gas, so no need for big batteries and solar panels.

You also have hot water I believe, the rest of us have to boil a kettle!

Anyway, thank you, that's the first time anyone has called our van sleek!
It’s the “go faster” swoosh wot dun it!

Back