Reverse pop top solar wiring

bgrunes

VIP Member
Hi I have a pop top that’s for an end kitchen so the other way round compared to many. Looking for advice on fitting solar panel and the subsequent wiring run.
In effect panel would be at the front of the van with wiring having to get all the way to the rear to enter possibly running along the roof or is it a case of drilling the van roof at the front ? Any advice please or options to consider not purchased any bits yet thanksIMG_5434.jpegIMG_5823.jpeg

I have a similar pop top with solar. My cable runs through a small hole at the front of the roof (sealed of course) then to the left hand B pillar, down inside the B pillar trim (where the passenger seat belt is) and pops out the bottom and then into my controller and battery. My battery is under the passenger seat but as roadtripper mentions it depends where your battery is located so this might not work for you.

Thanks Dreynolds10

re leisure battery it’s location is under a single 60cm rib bed midway on drivers side thanks

@Mick as a roof that way, and solar on the roof,

@Mick got any pics or advice.?

I presume from the pic that your sliding door is on the left. As mine is on the right then you should be able to inverse the route that I’ve taken ie down the drivers door B pillar then along the panel and towards your battery. Here are a couple of pics of mine but yours would go down the drivers side.

IMG_8368.jpeg

IMG_8369.jpeg

IMG_8370.jpeg

Many thanks for that. Going straight through the roof makes for a neater cable run, I’ll do the same once I source a suitable panel, the rest makes sense. Cheers

Back