Reverse camera issues

Montlufc

Hi folks
So trying to wire in road angel reverse camera and can’t get image on screen . Pioneer sphda230dab I’ve got a wiring harness from akipton car radio . When I put a test lamp on purple wire it’s very faint . All I get is the parking lines or black screen . I’ve put purple to purple white then rca in and red wire to live feed then at the back red to camera and black to ground . Just no joy at all . Can anyone help please

Where did you pick your ground up?

This often causes problems as you are relying on the hinge to pass a good earth to the door
I have seen this in the past where the operation of the camera is weather dependant, its always recommended to use a body/chassis earth from inside vehicle

Mate the doors have awful earth it's practically nothing. Even with a meter you can get a reading but the meter isn't telling you that it's only just a reading and not drawing any current.

Personally I'd use the ground to the number plate lights it's what I use and never had an issue.

Mate the doors have awful earth it's practically nothing. Even with a meter you can get a reading but the meter isn't telling you that it's only just a reading and not drawing any current.

Personally I'd use the ground to the number plate lights it's what I use and never had an issue.
Thank you mate will give it a whirl ✌

Any picture of the installation sheet

Hi folks
So trying to wire in road angel reverse camera and can’t get image on screen . Pioneer sphda230dab I’ve got a wiring harness from akipton car radio . When I put a test lamp on purple wire it’s very faint . All I get is the parking lines or black screen . I’ve put purple to purple white then rca in and red wire to live feed then at the back red to camera and black to ground . Just no joy at all . Can anyone help please
Hi just wondering if you’ve had any luck with this after?

Back