Retro fitting heated seats

FiForres

Hello - I’m on the hunt for a T6.1 to convert to a camper. I’ve seen a 4motion which is what I really like as I live in the north of Scotland. However no heated seats ☹️. any advice on a cost effective way to retrofit?

Reactions: CAB
I wouldn't worry too much about heated seats unless you've got leather, cloth seats never get that cold.

3rd party kits are available....

OEM retro fitting is also possible.

There was a member recently that fitted a 3rd party kit.

And a suggestion that it could be fitted under a seat cover.

I bought this kit, had it fitted by local upholsterer and connected by auto electrician. Cost about £500 all in. Very impressed with it - as good as any of the factory fitted heated seats I've had before.

Waeco do cheaper versions too but after a lot of research, this is apparently the one to go for.

I wouldn't worry too much about heated seats unless you've got leather, cloth seats never get that cold.
They are nice to have tho'.

Our Tiguan has a heated steering wheel. I'd have never thought that would be necessary. It isn't, but it is nice.

I bought this kit, had it fitted by local upholsterer and connected by auto electrician. Cost about £500 all in. Very impressed with it - as good as any of the factory fitted heated seats I've had before.

Waeco do cheaper versions too but after a lot of research, this is apparently the one to go for.
Thank you - that’s really helpful!

They are nice to have tho'.

Oh I totally agree, I've had them in previous vehicles with both leather and cloth seats.
They're one of the things that I had to compromise on when I was looking for my ideal van, but I don't really miss them with cloth seats.
If my van had leather then I definitely wouldn't be without them.

Back