Replacing aux tensioner and belt

Ad2408

VIP Member
Hi all

The tensioner / belt is noisy on our 2018 CXHA engined, DSG, T6 so looking to replace it.

Doesn't look too bad a job (found the workshop instructions in the downloads section) but i'm not clear how to access it.

So do you do it from the engine bay or from inside the wheel arch?

Thanks in advance
Adam

I did T5.1 which must be very similar kind of from both sides. Was fairly easy. Just had my T6 done yesterday along with cam belt etc at a garage and was nice not to hear it chirping away this morning.

I did T5.1 which must be very similar kind of from both sides. Was fairly easy. Just had my T6 done yesterday along with cam belt etc at a garage and was nice not to hear it chirping away this morning.
Yeah i'm looking forward to that too!

Hi all

The tensioner / belt is noisy on our 2018 CXHA engined, DSG, T6 so looking to replace it.

Doesn't look too bad a job (found the workshop instructions in the downloads section) but i'm not clear how to access it.

Thanks in advance
Adam
Hi Adam, I did mine from inside the wheel arch. Turn your steering full lock to the offside, and easy enough from below

Hi all

Thanks in advance
Adam
I did mine from underneath the van. No need to remove the wheel arch liner.

Back