Replacement under warranty

Lotuscamper

H&S Manager
T6 Pro
Our T6 gone to the dealers after just 5 weeks alternator packed up on our 4th trip and less than 250 miles
Bizarrely I had 2 failed alternator on my lotus luckily replacement under warranty which hopefully is the case with van
My question is this common for transporters converted ? Is the stock alternator suitable for a converted van ?

IMG_0292.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
not known of an failed alternator - defo not common.

++++++++++++

standard ALT is 140A and uprated is 180A - on a T6.

so whats the deal? - you have a 12v leisure system? - factory / aftermarket?

dc-dc charger? - split charge relay?

Sorry I don’t know what leisure battery it’s camperking only 27k on clock so assume it’s original
We have the solar panel fitted a couple of weeks ago and had rear camera fitted last Friday so nothing to do with that ???
My wife is gutted but trying to remain positive at least warranty should cover this ?

If you do a search on the Forum you’ll find that Camperking and electrical issues seem to appear in the same thread.

Collected the van this afternoon , drove it out of the dealership got about a couple miles then noticed engine management light
Had to exit of the dual carriageway which was about 7 miles and slowly went back to dealership
A technician came out about 20 mins later got his OBD reader came up with 3 codes popped the hood and saw him re-plug a sensor into it socket.
Re-checked the codes all gone and told me I could go home finally !
This was a long day I drove 200 miles from working away this week and still had to rush back home to cook dinner then now waiting for my daughter to finish school at 520pm on a rainy Thursday
Anyway the van drove ok so all fingers crossed is sorted

An update
The van has been sat on drive for about 8 days my wife went to use it today to travel up M1 to have Xmas lunch with friends. As she drove away the engine management lit up she got worried came home AA attended later said code P040200 was present he advised to drive the van after clearing code.
My wife drove off again only for a few miles later engine light on and limp mode so she returned home very upset as she struggled on motorway in pouring rain on limp mode.
AA advised to low load the van back to dealership so back to square one !

Gutted for you. I’m sure this’ll be an easy fix!
Sure be easy fix except this issues looks as if it’s intermittent and those are worst to overcome? The added fact that we only actually taken the van out a handful of times in the 7-8 weeks of ownership is making the ownership initially concerning ?
Not to mention my wife is a nervy driver and she beginning to lose confidence in the van worrying if it will breakdown ?

Once fixed it’ll be fine. VW are still one if not the best brands to own! Have faith my friend
As I own a Lotus I know all the heartaches of peculiar faults and reliability stresses ! But I must say wasn’t expecting this from VW given we not driven much ?
I am losing confidence in dealership sorting it as last time the engine warning light came on as soon as I left the place !

Back