Removing T6 high line rearview mirror

Sipoote

Hi all. I wanted to remove my rearview mirror, which has a sensor behind it and some wiring going in. I wanted to replace it with a wolf box g900 dashcam. It has an adaptor plate so that it can be fitted to an existing stalk (rather than rubber straps holding the mirror in place over old one). However, when I tried to remove the original mirror, it has wires etc. Will this throw up an error code and what will it do if I do remove it? Will I lose the automatic lights?

Assuming a T6,

The mirror it's self has light sensors in, so if you remove it you will get error codes and loose some functionality.

I think the mirror has.

Auto lights. RLS.
Auto main bream.
Sutton to switch off auto dimming mirror.

The stork and glass bit has.
Rain sensor?
And another light sensor?

Assuming a T6,

The mirror it's self has light sensors in, so if you remove it you will get error codes and loose some functionality.

I think the mirror has.

Auto lights. RLS.
Auto main bream.

Rain sensor?
Thanks.

Assuming a T6,

I think the mirror has.

Auto lights. RLS.
Auto main bream.

Rain sensor?
Jeez makes me happy that I’ve got a poverty model

Hi all. I wanted to remove my rearview mirror, which has a sensor behind it and some wiring going in. I wanted to replace it with a wolf box g900 dashcam. It has an adaptor plate so that it can be fitted to an existing stalk (rather than rubber straps holding the mirror in place over old one). However, when I tried to remove the original mirror, it has wires etc. Will this throw up an error code and what will it do if I do remove it? Will I lose the automatic lights?
Hi, I have wolfbox 950 on my std rear view mirror using the rubber straps and wanted to use their adapter but it looks like they don't do one for the VW twist type. Have you got a plan?

Hi, I have wolfbox 950 on my std rear view mirror using the rubber straps and wanted to use their adapter but it looks like they don't do one for the VW twist type. Have you got a plan?
I ended up taking the original apart, keeping connections (except mirror dimming function) and screwed in the new ball joint plate. I used the original spring clip to keep the ball joint stiff. It was a bit of a bodge job, but I managed to use screws to reposition the plate and then covered them with black tape to hide them. It doesn’t look bad at all. If I had more time I would have fused the plate somehow instead of screwing it.

That sounds like a good solution to me. I didn't have a rear view mirror so added a cheap eBay non dimming one so if I bought the wolfbox mirror mount I would struggle adapting it to fit the std VW twist on mount. Did you buy the wolfbox mirror mount and modify that at all? I don't have a VW high line mirror to look at to see how I could adapt mine. If you could take a picture sometime that would be very appreciated :thumbsup:

That sounds like a good solution to me. I didn't have a rear view mirror so added a cheap eBay non dimming one so if I bought the wolfbox mirror mount I would struggle adapting it to fit the std VW twist on mount. Did you buy the wolfbox mirror mount and modify that at all? I don't have a VW high line mirror to look at to see how I could adapt mine. If you could take a picture sometime that would be very appreciated :thumbsup:
Did you get a solution to adapting your mirror cam to the Volkswagen windscreen fitting? I have the same problem which I've posted in the interiors section. I've removed the original mirror and ball joint bracket but it's not a simple swap over as the Wolfbox ball joint is much bigger than VWs and getting the original twist fit off the windscreen seems impossible. I've thought of a number of ways to get Wolfboxes dashcam on to the original windscreen bracket but all involve destroying something. Sipootes solution sounds good and should work but it could still be as awkward looking as the strap on version. I have already bought their official direct adapter so I'm trying to think of a neat solution. I have thought of cutting and substituting the two ball joints or even getting someone I know with a 3D printer to make something and I'll have to commit soon. Watch this space.

Quote Reply

PHOTO-2024-03-14-00-25-44.jpg

Back