Removal of front bumper

Mark5156

This may have been covered several times, but as I have only just become a member can anyone help please

I've removed my front bumper 3 times now.
It's not actually an easy job, and there are several fixing screws underneath, and behind the inner arch liners, mine also has bolts behind the front number plate, but I have a VW splitter fitted, and not sure if that just part of the splitter fixing, but i'd check if I was you.
Then it's a case of pulling the bumper from where it clips together. A little nerve wracking, but it does come apart with a bit of a tug.

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and have a 2012 T5.1 Caravelle. I have brought some new headlamp units and tried to fit them over the weekend. I've researched various forums / posts / online videos but can not work out how to get the bumper off. I got as far as jacking the car up, removing inner wheel arch liner, undoing bolt under wheel arch liner, removing front grill...... but I can't figure out how to take off plastic mouldings (dummy fog lamps / parking sensor pieces?), to get to the other bolts. Is there anyone local to Horsham in Sussex that will be able to help please, or does anyone have any tips.
This great idea of swapping headlamps has become a nightmare!
Many thanks.....

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and have a 2012 T5.1 Caravelle. I have brought some new headlamp units and tried to fit them over the weekend. I've researched various forums / posts / online videos but can not work out how to get the bumper off. I got as far as jacking the car up, removing inner wheel arch liner, undoing bolt under wheel arch liner, removing front grill...... but I can't figure out how to take off plastic mouldings (dummy fog lamps / parking sensor pieces?), to get to the other bolts. Is there anyone local to Horsham in Sussex that will be able to help please, or does anyone have any tips.
This great idea of swapping headlamps has become a nightmare!
Many thanks.....
I don’t think there are any bolts there, once you’ve removed the clips from the grille under the bonnet and the clips under the arch liners, prise the sides away from the metal winds then the whole front plastic bumper will pull off. Start from one side. It can be really tight.

Back