Remember when you were naff at parking?

Jonny

204PS/Highline/Kombi/LWB/T32
T6 Guru
I thought I’d revisit my younger years back when I couldn’t park to save my life. Funnily enough, you still get the same results...

1B5318DB-8095-4DE3-A4C7-1F2E1E8AAC25.jpeg

Next question, is it worth getting a refurb done or buying a second hand replacement?

Last edited:
When I was a teenager my Dad taught me to reverse park using a toy Dinky car that had a working steering wheel on its roof.
It had rubber tyres and proper ackerman steering, the steering action was really good.
He used to draw some roadside situation on the back of a cornflake packet and I'd have to park the Dinky car in one go.
Then he'd start reducing the gap... :)
Thinking back it was a great way to demonstrate distances & steering inputs.
Cheers
Phil

I had amazingly good results with a file, a few grades of sandpaper and colour matched paint on the BM and that has annoying "ferric grey" wheels which are hard to match. You need to be a super spotter to see the repair; could be worth a look. That looks nasty but not too deep.

I had amazingly good results with a file, a few grades of sandpaper and colour matched paint on the BM and that has annoying "ferric grey" wheels which are hard to match. You need to be a super spotter to see the repair; could be worth a look. That looks nasty but not too deep.
I may give this a go. Christmas forces me to be frugal.

Back