Redarc BCDC1240D not working?

Hi Skyliner33
I had a similar problem with a new motorhome (1240D). It has been driving me mad. The solar kept the batteries charged for months and masked the problem that the vehicle input didn't work. I only realised when on a trip it was a dull day and had to start the MH in the evening to charge the leisure battery and found no increase in voltage. My vehicle input LED was flashing continuously during the day and in the dark same all LED 5 flashes as you had (ever since I owned the vehicle). I took it back to the dealer, they had it for 2 hours and said there was no fault. Right enough there wasn't now as it now worked perfectly. But......I wonder if they removed a cable or all power to reset it? But didn't tell me for some reason? It would be handy to know as it could go in the Redarc manual fault finding section. I did previously remove my brown input cable during fault finding but on replacing it the vehicle LED still flashed. Any thoughts?

Hi Skyliner33
I had a similar problem with a new motorhome (1240D). It has been driving me mad. The solar kept the batteries charged for months and masked the problem that the vehicle input didn't work. I only realised when on a trip it was a dull day and had to start the MH in the evening to charge the leisure battery and found no increase in voltage. My vehicle input LED was flashing continuously during the day and in the dark same all LED 5 flashes as you had (ever since I owned the vehicle). I took it back to the dealer, they had it for 2 hours and said there was no fault. Right enough there wasn't now as it now worked perfectly. But......I wonder if they removed a cable or all power to reset it? But didn't tell me for some reason? It would be handy to know as it could go in the Redarc manual fault finding section. I did previously remove my brown input cable during fault finding but on replacing it the vehicle LED still flashed. Any thoughts?
Hi, not really, all I can remember is that disconnecting the red arc by removing the fuse seemed to reset my red arc and it’s all worked fine since. Not sure what caused my problem or why that fixed it. Sorry.

Hi, not really, all I can remember is that disconnecting the red arc by removing the fuse seemed to reset my red arc and it’s all worked fine since. Not sure what caused my problem or why that fixed it. Sorry.
Ok thanks anyway. Hopefully mine will be ok as well from now on. I will contact Redarc and ask their view on it.

Back