Recommend me a reliable head torch

Green Giant

T6 Guru
Help
I need a head torch that works when I need it.
Uses, hillwalking, camping, running etc, so would like it to be waterproof, I’m not keen on rear battery boxes, as had two Petzl head torches, with the cables fail me in the past, don’t want Black Diamond either, utter junk.
Happy to try a rechargeable type as long as it’s super reliable.
Cost£, don’t care as long as it’s reliable.
Ta

Another recommendation for LedLenser. I use one in the workshop every day and it’s faultless. 8 hours of full beam power, but this particular one does have a rear battery.

I asked a similar question the other week (click on my name in the quote below & it will take you to the thread...)

Im currently using an Olight Array 2S but hoping to test run the Olight Perun Mini 2 this week as my mate had one at the weekend and it performed really well on an overnight hike and doesn't have the rear battery pack.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a quality running head torch?

Ideally something where I can toggle the light output for unlight roads and trail running.

But I would also like something that has a decent battery runtime so it can double up as my prinary touch during multi-day hikes.

I have been looking at the Olight brand, especially the Perun series which looks pretty flexible with the magnet in the base so can be stuck to our van when camping.

Highly recommend LedLenser also :thumbsup:

I also use 'Silva Trail Runner' which I like due to having so many different battery options, rechargeable battery, rechargeable pack plus the use of AAA batteries all within 1 casing. I use both of these for trail running in the evenings and they really light up the woodland.

hoping to test run the Olight Perun Mini 2 this week
This is the model I've used around camp for years. Really useful because you can use it as a regular handheld torch too. Plus the charging is via a magnetic base, so super easy.

Olight Perun Mini 2 as previously mentioned. Great little torch.

Dont blame me if you then get a torch fetish and start buying more torches than a man needs!!!

I have a Petzel Actik that has been great for dog walking, late night car tinkering, working on the house, etc, etc
Bought a spare battery so I don't get caught short while out too...rechargeable, but you can use 3xAAA batteries as well if you get stuck

Have used loads of headtorches over the years. this is the best i've had:

Is usb chargeable but has the flexibilty of using AAA also, meaning you have a backup. The beam is adjusatble and does flood and beam, and it lasts hours, especailly on lower brightness. Have used it for years for night running / races.

LED lenser, but they do tend to be rear batteried. I used one for work for years & it was/is bomb proof. I also have one in the van on permanent USB charge. Always ready when I need it.

Olight Perun Mini 2 as previously mentioned...

Dont blame me if you then get a torch fetish and start buying more torches than a man needs!!!

This is sooo true!

The friend who is lending me various torches has admitted he has somewhere in the region of 60-70. :eek:

Its a real addiction fetish .. There's no way one person needs so many torches! o_O

I've got the Fenix HM65r for fishing it's awesome and lights up the whole lake if needed! Fenix headtorches are used for potholing so ultra reliable.

My vote goes to Elwis...strong and reliable...

Cheers guys, that’s plenty of opinions to have a look at, I’ve drowned a head torch in rain before, also had a newish Petzl headtorch fail me half way to summit of Mt Blanc, very stressful, and over this weekend I’ve tried to get a Black diamond Storm headtouch to work, it’s not having it, I do look after my equipment so been disappointed so far..

Another thumbs up for Alpkit from me. Everytime there's a sale on I get another, my family and I are never more than a few metres from one, at home or in the van.

Back