Rear View Camera installation and kit

Tombs

Publisher
T6 Pro
Hi fello T6's,

Can anyone show me what the standard VW rear view camera looks like? I was supposed to have one installed at build but somebody somewhere forgot.

I've been told that an after market rear view camera will installed by a Road Radio at my home but I'm not happy about this as it could have a knock on effect if a warranty issue arose with the head unit, thoughts?

Cheers
Tom

OEM sits just above rear number plate, under the stepped swage line.. Will post up a pic in a while..

Thanks chaps, appreciated. The installer was talking about placing on or above the number plate? Don't think that's the best location.

Just gonna bump this thread up rather than start another.

Couple of questions. What is the difference between the reverse camera sold here: NEW VW T6 - Rear View Camera KIT - With Guidance Lines - Retrofit -

And the one in the forum shop here: Genuine VW T6 Tailgate Rear View Camera Retrofit Upgrade Kit

Are these both plug and play insomuch as they go into the head unit only once the correct pins are located? No other wires to attach/earth or whatever.

And apart from cutting and sealing/priming the hole, any other challenging bits to the install?

Ps I have bought a few things from the forum shop so sorry for linking to a cheaper option but it's a fair bit cheaper and looks to pretty much provide the same thing?

Cheers anyhow.
Si

Looks the same, but not sure it includes their tax, which iirc is greater than ours.. Also for the speed if drl and support, I'd just use the forum shop, think the diff is £30?

Difference comes out just over 60quid when including postage on both. They do look the same though. Support probaly will be quite important knowing my track record!

On another note can this be coded in advance of install? Not how I could test it was cabled correctly otherwise as I don't have VCDS and need to find some who does :) any keen in the Nottingham area? Can swap for beer or cake or both.

Back