Rear view camera help

Glenn Board

T6 Pro
Hi, I have fitted my camera, VCDS turned up today, so are there some instructions on where to go on the software to activate the camera please?

There a just a couple tick boxes to tell it the camera is installed, dont have the info to hand but one is in the headunit module 5F and theres another in the PDC module 10
Remember the camera will not work with tailgate open so make sure its closed and take a full scan and save it before you start making any changes this will give you a base settings reference

Found it
Module 10 Byte 00
Module 5F Byte 19

Just tick the two boxes that say RVC installed

click auto scan then let it run (5 minutes) this will scan all modules in your vehicle and give you a full read out of whats installed and how its set, save this page to refer back to

ok, so when running for the first time there will be a scan option, do this first before enabling the camera option?

i have already had the swept dials, auto lock, extra sweep on the wiper installed, is there a list somewhere that i can see all available options which i can download or add to the van please?

Hi, trying for first time to use VCDS, think I’m doing it right but get a security message saying can’t be done?

Which module are you trying to access ?
Only seen that a couple times early on which resolved after I updated VCDS to the latest version, make sure you are using 17.1.3 and you can try the etka version 17.6 as it installs beside the other version so you can use both (but not at the same time)
Most low level modules will reveal the security code in a ballon hint of you hover over the code entry box with the mouse but a code should not be required for module 9 or 10 ??

It will prob work without module 10 as long as you have enabled RVC in 5F, factory cam takes a feed directly from this module so think it only activates this feed which you are not using

Back