Rear view camera help

image.jpeg

Not seen that before ?
Have you tried just doing module 5F and seeing if it works ?

Looking at image I just sent you is it correct or something to do with the towing option installed?

Do you have teamview so you could take a look?

I have sent you a few screenshots, I got it enabled as you suggested but it’s not working despite showing me a different image at first with the van at the side, then this goes back to normal old view but issues a error message of "The park pilot is not currently available" so do you think there is anything else i can go with the VCDS machine, or is something wrong with the installation?

Tried calling mate but couldnt get through, feel free to give me a bell back

Did you get this sorted? My reverse camera is doing the exact same after getting enabled today. Intially got the same error but the fella entered some security code and it allowed both tick boxes to be ticked. The display briefly changed to the car at the side (no video) but then said park assist not available before flicking back to usual parking sensor view only. That is where it remains working fine.

Error in vcds saying no signal from camera. Checked all wiring with a multimeter and getting power, power on reverse and the ground looks good. Guess head unit out next to check the quadlocks.

We got this sorted in the end following a chat on the phone and a couple emails, it turned out the camera cables were in the wrong plug on the back of the stereo

We got this sorted in the end following a chat on the phone and a couple emails, it turned out the camera cables were in the wrong plug on the back of the stereo

Haha well that's the only possible thing left for me, so fingers crossed :)

That said, I triple checked when doing them. Perhaps has the quad lock upside down or something. I wouldn't put it past me. Gotta feeling they are a nightmare to get out :(

Cheers.

If they are in the correct place I should be able to confirm a video signal or not with a mutimeter right? The connector at the back shows power is correct so if there is no signal on either of the two in the headunit when in reverse I guess it's a faulty camera.

Checked em, they are in the correct place. Black wire in #12, clear wire in #6. Blue connector. Checked with a multimeter, get a reading when in reverse on both. Not sure how good of a test that is mind you.

Rightyho, the plot thickens.

I went around with my multimeter checking continuity and the ground was being a bit flaky, do I re did it and that sorted it. Assuming i had found the answer. Put it in reverse, nothing.

I had noticed previously that when opening and then shutting the tailgate it activated the camera (but no actual video), so I did that and voila, there it was working fine on the screen. Stayed there, no errors for a long as I was in reverse. Video was fine bar you can see the top of my number plate but will sort that.

So fixed, except it's not :cry::cry:

If i take it out of reverse and go back in it defaults to just the parking sensor screen, if I get out, open then close my tailgate, up pops the bloody camera working fine.

So clearly the camera is working fine (well it could theoretically be the jolt of the tailgate that is making it work it but I seriously doubt it). There is no sensor display on my dash to suggest the van thinks the tailgate is open....

So, wtf!

EDIT: Could this be a VCDS setting? when setting up the camera there was a menu option that had something like "default view", the options were (roughly, from memory) OFD, rear camera and automatic. It was on OFD, we changed it to try and make it work but given nowhere does it mention changing this setting, we put it back to what it was when we started and just ticked the 2 options that are required. I am wondering if this needs changing. The closing of the tailgate perhaps triggers a different software sequence and view so you get the camera, but the default view is just the parking sensors?

Last edited:
Have you set radio and pdc module ?
Both have an option to enable camera

Yes, there were 2 check boxes. One was module 10 byte 0 and one was module 5f byte 19 (from memory, both said enabled rear view camera).

Though I have since reset the headset to factory settings, can't see why this would have set one of these back but perhaps its that.

As aside too, the camera is bang in the middle of the van and perfectly straight, but the lines are well out. One of them is 2ft onto the kerb but perfectly parallel with it. I will deal with that another time.

Yep it does to me. It's a bit odd like. The camera works absolutely fine if you open and shut the tailgate. Quite bizarre.

Hey Glenn have you got photos and model numbers of your head unit and camera? I'm trying to work out if your problem is the same as mine.. Or if your solution is something I should go for..

Team, I’ve just done the Rear View Camera mod (Thanks for the guide @Crewey ) and ran into the same Error 33 when trying to code module 10.

The fix was to go back a step and select Security Code from Module 10 menu. Hovering over the security code box gave a pop-up with a helpful reminder. It accepted the new adaptation code after that.

Interestingly you can downgrade your adaptation code without entering a security code (I learnt the hard way!)

Just found this after having same issue, this forum really is brilliant. Thanks

Back