Rear Spring Snapped

MrMarvin

Heard a loud bang from the rear, then noticed that side was sitting lower than the other side… had a look underneath and greeted with this, FFS.

I was going to get a pair of standard rear T32 springs (van is a T30) but the blue part has thrown me as it doesn’t look standard?

As far as I knew the van wasn’t lowered when I bought it.

Any ideas please? Thanks!

IMG_1820.jpeg

Heard a loud bang from the rear, then noticed that side was sitting lower than the other side… had a look underneath and greeted with this, FFS.

I was going to get a pair of standard rear T32 springs (van is a T30) but the blue part has thrown me as it doesn’t look standard?

View attachment 197004

Definitely a coil over kit of some description, but I don’t recognise the make or model from that pic.
dont look OEM to me. . . . .

@The Van Cave might be able to assist.? ( not to far from you?)

I think I’m further away than you think I am Lee……. but thanks for the shout out!

View attachment 197004
OK that is a cheap coil over arrangement , the spring looks coil bound and probably has been since installed judging by the position of the threaded adjuster ( is it a Camper or heavy van ) This will have caused the snapping for sure, assisted by the weather . You cant use a T32 rear spring in this case unless you return the van to standard height front and rear !

We do sell a Rear spring and adjuster set ( for repairing B14 kits ) but it will work here . £220.00 incl vat for all 4 parts

Back