Rear Seat Brackets

Higgidav

T6 Guru
Hi,

I’m in the process of converting my Kombi to a camper. Do I have to drop the fuel tank to remove the rear seat floor mounts?.

I only have 4 brackets as it did not have a rear split seat but they all look to be under the tank or behind the metal heat tray.

Hi,

I’m in the process of converting my Kombi to a camper. Do I have to drop the fuel tank to remove the rear seat floor mounts?.

I only have 4 brackets as it did not have a rear split seat but they all look to be under the tank or behind the metal heat tray.
Yes ,unfortunately you do have to drop the tank and heat shield :(

If your converting your Van to a Camper, are you thinking about about adding a Diesel night heater? If so, you have to drop the fuel tank to add a fuel line pick up into the tank. You could do both while your removing the floor mounts?

Hi, How did you get on with dropping the fuel tank ? I’m doing the same process, can you get away with a partial lowering and part from the straps did you have to undo anything else. Any tips or pics most appreciated.

Hi,

I found it best to remove the tank and heat shield. Also had to disconnect the handbrake cables and some of the exhaust to get the heat shield away. Run the tank as low as you dare to make it easier and also borrow time on a 4 post lift if you have a friendly garage nearby. It would have been a struggle on the driveway. Sorry I did not take any photos.

There is a separate post on this forum.....somewhere. It’s an easy enough job, all details there.

Back