Rear parking sensors going mental T5.1

russters

VCDS User
I have T5.1 with rear parking sensors and lately they have decided that they will tell me I'm about to hit something as soon and as long as I am reversing and then a bit longer as I drive away, with a really loud high pitched scream can they be recalibrated using VCDS or do i need more special tools?
Haven't plugged in to see if there's a fault but watch this space I can upload report from VCDS

Sensors can go faulty. Apparently if you get close but not in their range you can hear the faulty one clicking.

Thats assuming its just one sensor playing up not all 4 :)

Got a screen shot of the PDC screen?

Try swapping a couple of sensors...around and see if the fault follows a sonsor.

thanks for the reply I'll try that and see, I have an android head unit with can bus interface so gives a graphical view of the sensors so I'll check it out and see what happens on the display.
although it does seem a little random as sometimes it does seem to work.

It'll just be a single sensor and your display will give you a good idea of which one it is. The clicking sound mentioned above is normal for a working sensor (you can feel them when lightly placing your finger on them too). Obviously check out the obvious like a dead leaf over the sensor or a big splodge of mud first.

As far as the vehicle is concerned, this sensor is working correctly so VCDS won't help you here. Also if you don't have VCDS, don't try out the system with any of the sensors disconnected as this will trigger a fault - just swap out the sensor with the ignition off and when you then turn on the vehicle and put it in reverse it will all be working fine again.

I'll check it out later thanks guys, I do have VCDS , the strange thing is it works sometimes, the van was lowered and it got worse when that happened.
that's why I was asking if it can be re-calibrated or something, via VCDS.

Back