Rear Leg Room Lwb Vs Swb

Andrew Davies

Hi

Looking at a T6 Kombi van and wondered if there is any more rear leg room in the LWB vs the SWB ?

Ideally I'd like the rear seats far enough back so I could get some swivels for the front - purely for the social aspect when we're camping etc - ie somewhere to sit if it's pissing down outside or the tent has taken off in a force 10

I'm also looking a kombi slide pod for when I'm away for short stays and cant be arsed with the tent so I need to leave enough room at the back for that - any suggestions ? I've seen the sliding units but they seem a bit steep for what they are.

Leg room is the same.
However there are a couple of options:
1. Install a Caravelle floor rail system. This will enable you to slide the rear seats back as far as your luggage will allow. You could combine this system with something like a slidepod multipod.
2. With a LWB I saw a really neat trick on an Exploria demo van; install a single set of quick release seat mounts behind those already fitted. Then you can drop the seats from a forwards to a backwards position. It’ll only really work on the LWB according to Exploria.

Ok ta - will have a look - I've seen posts about that

Would I need to replace the actual seats ? Was planning on going with a 2+1

Ok ta - will have a look - I've seen posts about that

Would I need to replace the actual seats ? Was planning on going with a 2+1
There would be no need to change Kombi seats regardless of the factory seating option that you go for. If going 2+1 you would just someone to fit the additional set of 4 QR floor brackets. I can draw up a very simplistic floor plan if it would help you to visualise? Will you have the single behind the driver, or behind the passenger?

I'm not too bothered but I'd imagined the single rear on the passenger side. Do they take much fitting ? - I'm frankly a bit useless when it comes to chopping up cars.

The best bet is to get someone who knows what they are doing to fit them. They are not difficult but the fuel tank would need dropping.

59AB486E-D84B-4D34-BED3-DAF68B5F6F00.jpeg

Ok. Looks straight forward I guess. Will see if I can find someone local who knows what they're doing - I'm not messing around with fuel tanks etc.

Have you seen anything suitable to cover over the original/new qr sockets when they arent in use ?

Finally, You think I'd still get a slidepod in behind the relocated seats (if I got a LWB)

Ok. Looks straight forward I guess. Will see if I can find someone local who knows what they're doing - I'm not messing around with fuel tanks etc.

Have you seen anything suitable to cover over the original/new qr sockets when they arent in use ?

Finally, You think I'd still get a slidepod in behind the relocated seats (if I got a LWB)
Yes you will definately still get a pod in the back with the seats in the rear position. On the Exploria demo van I saw, they had their Kombi bed in the back of the LWB with the seats in the rear position.
Yes I have seen some QR bracket covers, someone posted a link to them the other day. Be darned if I can find the thread though. Can anyone else remember where these were?

Back