Rear Left Indicator not working?

JohnDeere

Hi

I have a T5.1 2015 T30

My rear left indicator is not working, the bulb is fine as I swapped it with the right side which works fine.

Seemed to coincide with me screwing a new roof into the van so assuming maybe I went through a cable on the passenger side loom, although it seems to run a good 10cm away from the bit down the side I drilled into and taking the roof off, I cannot seem to find any damage to the loom anywhere.

Anything else to check? Anybody know which colour cable it is in the loom on the passenger side?

I am going to run a scan on Carista for faults as I have the bulb warning light keep coming on when I indicate left, obviously not a coincidence so there is a fault somewhere.

Thanks

Black/white
Thanks

Just scanned with Carista and it shows:

03432 - Control Circuit Parking Light, Right

Reset the code and it didn't come back but as soon as I start the engine and indicate left, the bulb warning comes on and the rear indicator is still dead.

Unplugged battery for 15 mins, made no difference

At this point, I am convinced I have hit the cable somewhere, I suspect along the loom in the roof as I don't see where else I could have hit it. Guess my only option is to trace along the full length until I find it!

I'd say 100% you've hit the loom. The factory loom comes up the B pillar and follows the crease between the roof and the sides of the van then down the D pillar.

Just lowered the roof panels and looked right along the loom, I cannot see any damage at all. Its hard to trace the black/white cable right along as its all tied up but I have checked as best I can and can't see any damage to it from the B Pillar right through to the D Pillar.

I can't see how I have damaged it in the D pillar as the side panels are not close enough to where the cable was for the drill to hit them so I am a bit stumped now. I was doing so many things around that time, its hard to pinpoint what I was doing which caused it.

Does anybody know where the cables begin? Where do they start before going into the B Pillar?

They pass through the coloured plugs under the passenger seat.

Have you removed the light cluster and probed for power at the plug?

Have you removed the light cluster and probed for power at the plug?
I have not.

I have a multimeter so do I stick this on 12v and attach red to the pins on the connector and then ground the other one?

Tracing right along is going to be a nightmare I reckon so if the cable has a break, is there somewhere along the route it goes into another connector and I can simply run a new cable?

Seem to have fixed this, although unsure how!

Multimeter at the rear plug was showing an issue, it wasn't showing no power but was suggesting perhaps it was going to ground somewhere.

Unplugged connector under passenger seat and showed same thing but on the input part, i.e. not the bit going to the rear which suggests it was before this.

Anyway, plugged it all back in and the indicator started working.

Strange.

Back