1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Camera Display Problem

Discussion in 'Vehicle Faults Warranty Repairs Issues & Problems' started by HHO, 29 Dec 2016.

1. HHO

HHO Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Rear camera problems. Anyone seen anything like this before?

IMG_1798.JPG

2. StudleyGlass

StudleyGlass Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Oh dear mate thats a job for vw me thinks

3. HHO

HHO Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Seems to have sorted itself out now. Bizarre that. Kept doing it but locking and leaving the car to sleep for half hour or so - seems to have restored itself.

4. StudleyGlass

StudleyGlass Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Oh , on the list for the next visit to the dealer then. Maybe the cold has affected it, has it been stud over xmas ?

5. BiTurbo

BiTurbo Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Faulty camera I reckon.

6. Mojo

Mojo Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Maybe someone's dropped lsd in your tank!...Mine acts up sometimes if I go forward then reverse more than a couple of times when parking, it will stop showing the image from the camera and just show the graphic for the rear sensors and I have to get rid of it by pressing the X in the top corner, it then won't work properly again until after the ignition has been fully off.

HHO likes this.
  7. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member Admin Moderator VCDS User

Map
    I have had that a couple times, normally if i stop for too long before reversing and the engine stops camera doesnt always work after engine start

8. Mojo

Mojo Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Hmmm I've not considered that it might be related to S/S @Pauly, did someone mention that the default for S/S can be reversed to press button for on?

9. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member Admin Moderator VCDS User

Map
    Yes @Loz i think ?