Rear Bench Seat Removal

T6180

T6 Legend
Ok, so the time has come to strip the interior, How do I get the rear bench seat out? it's the one piece heavy style with the fixings in the middle not the 2+1 style?

Also, is it easy to remove the B pillar trims and seat belt?

Pictures/instructions would be much appreciated

Ok, so the time has come to strip the interior, How do I get the rear bench seat out? it's the one piece heavy style with the fixings in the middle not the 2+1 style?

Seat belts and trim is easy, it's just a torx bit and a matter of unbolting it all.
My kombi rear bench was a 2/1 seat affair. I had to drop the fuel tank and remove most of the under trays to get to the bolts. Top tip do it when the tank is almost empty as it's not as heavy. It's just three metal supports holding it up. Just needs dropping 6" to get the bolts, not right off, dropped mine onto a stack of bricks. Bolts for seats were then easy to remove. :thumbsup:

Seat belts and trim is easy, it's just a torx bit and a matter of unbolting it all.
My kombi rear bench was a 2/1 seat affair. I had to drop the fuel tank and remove most of the under trays to get to the bolts. Top tip do it when the tank is almost empty as it's not as heavy. It's just three metal supports holding it up. Just needs dropping 6" to get the bolts, not right off, dropped mine onto a stack of bricks. Bolts for seats were then easy to remove. :thumbsup:

Thank you, I'm leaving the flooring in I just need to get that monstrosity of a bench seat out for the trimmers

When you lift it out dont forget to strap ya balls up ! else there be on the floor...that is where mine ended up when i got mine out... :slow rofl:

Or be sensibly and get some help to lift them out. You no where i am if you need a hand ;)

Just pull the two release cables and that will disengage rear bracket then ye just have to lift the front up out but it is heavy

IMG_20190128_213850.jpg

When you lift it out dont forget to strap ya balls up ! else there be on the floor...that is where mine ended up when i got mine out... :slow rofl:

Or be sensibly and get some help to lift them out. You no where i am if you need a hand ;)
haha that's funny and thanks for the offer I'll get the trimmer to help me :whistle:

Backrest folds forwards flat on the base then The whole thing tips forwards and can be lifted out

so all I do is pull them towards the back the tailgate?
Do I need to tilt the seats forward or do the fold flat at all?
Correct pull towards tail gate then lift the rear out and it will tilt forward and then take a deep breath and just lift the front legs out lol

Top trims are just clips with a bit off a pull with Forse and it will pop out . I managed not to brake eny so hope yours will be ok

IMG_20190128_221510.jpg

IMG_20190128_221535.jpg

IMG_20190128_221559.jpg

Hiya, do you know the size of the spline tool for the seat belt fixings?

Back