Rattle

Chickybumps

VCDS User
T6 Pro
hi everyone

Ok so my dash has just started to really annoy me.. A intermittent rattle has begun that seems to be coming from behind the stereo or slightly to the right. It sounds like the sound a ruler makes if you twang it with it hanging off the edge of a table. It seems to start when the air con is switched on but doesn't stop if you turn it off. I've had all the other rattles, near side a puller and center console by light so I know it's definitely not those. I've had the stereo out but can't seem to find anything loose..

Any ideas??

Check the trim above the mph display, the underside of the top of the dash if that makes sense which probably doesn't because when I read it back it doesn't lol!

Yeah @Caravellet6 I will but it's a trek and the noise might not want to play ball if you know what I mean. Hoping someone else has a similar problem and it's a diy fix.. but if not then defo off to the dealer. @Roca I shall check that in the morning but it seems to be coming from deep within.. thumping the dash doesn't help either

I must be weird but my van has a couple of rattles it doesn't really bother me it just makes it my van it's singing back to me lol :)

Yeah @Caravellet6 I will but it's a trek and the noise might not want to play ball if you know what I mean. Hoping someone else has a similar problem and it's a diy fix.. but if not then defo off to the dealer. @Roca I shall check that in the morning but it seems to be coming from deep within.. thumping the dash doesn't help either
Know what you mean was very glad when the technician heard it and said hmmm that's noisy, I need to take the dash out and fix it for you!

So glad that someone else tries to fix rattles in the same way as me - hit it! :D

So just spoken with Eurovans and they say that they can't guarantee that it is a warranty issue so may be charged for their time to investigate.. no impressed said I've spent best part of £30k and not happy.. anyone else had issues?

My worst (of many) is the black plastic under the steering column. I also have a "growl" from the engine. It was looked at by the dealer, and their conclusion was a resonence in an air box. It went away for a few months and is currently back. The near side sliding window, leaks, rattles when open, squeaks when closed, and can only be operated if you have the "special knack". First service in a few weeks. A long list for them!

Trim underneath that goes around front jacking point (under tray shit shield), is a loose fit and can rattle.. Fix is trim tape..

Right I had the same issue and believe it or not, some genius on a different forum found out where it was coming from. On the outside of the van, on the black plastic above the bonnet/below the windscreen where the wiper arms are located, there is two little circular blanking plugs about the size of a £2 coin where the LHD versions would have their wiper arms located. I only needed to remove one plug to stop the rattle but try both and see. I'll silcone them in when I get a chance. There is masses of play in there its ridiculous, wind goes in and rattles them around.

Right I had the same issue and believe it or not, some genius on a different forum found out where it was coming from. On the outside of the van, on the black plastic above the bonnet/below the windscreen where the wiper arms are located, there is two little circular blanking plugs about the size of a £2 coin where the LHD versions would have their wiper arms located. I only needed to remove one plug to stop the rattle but try both and see. I'll silcone them in when I get a chance. There is masses of play in there its ridiculous, wind goes in and rattles them around.

Yep, same rattle. I fixed it with a dab of super glue.

Maybe we could have a thread with the diy fixes on?

Mine resonates around 2000 rpm, sounds like its from behind the dash (central?) but only happens when its cold for the first mile or so, and sometimes not at all!...

It infuriates the hell out of me but I can't replicate it all the time to take it to the dealer :mad:

Mine resonates around 2000 rpm, sounds like its from behind the dash (central?) but only happens when its cold for the first mile or so, and sometimes not at all!...

It infuriates the hell out of me but I can't replicate it all the time to take it to the dealer :mad:
Did you try taking the blanking plug out?

Hey @peskycoots just seen your post.. will try later.. sounds like the location so fingers crossed. I've had as much of the dash apart that I can and everything seems to be secure.. your suggestion could be the one... fingers crossed.

Yo @peskycoots

Yep had a fiddle and stuck the little buggers in... and all seemed to be fine until yesterday.. there it was again. I saw on eBay someone selling a complete dash and in the centre was some kind of air filter inlet rectangular box thingy.. so I'm guessing bottom of dash off.. by gear stick to get to it?? Anyone who's done the cup holder conversion shed any light on what they saw once off??

Back