Range Rover (replica?) 20” Alloys And Spacer

SpaceMonkey

Hey all,

So I bought some Range Rover (replica I believe) alloys from eBay. They came with the spigots but not bolts. I bought a set of Transporter to RR alloys spacers and bolts set (15mm front, 20mm rear).

The first issue I had was that the collars that came with the bolts don’t fit into the alloys stud holes? Second was that all the extended bolts that came with the kit were the same size (I thought the ones to go with the 15mm spacer would be 15mm shorter..?)

So I tried to fit them and I’m getting noises when turning the wheels freehand and when attempting to drive at low crawler speed. Obviously I can’t go on the road like this so I’ll go back to the original wheels while I work out what’s wrong. I’ll take some pics later today, but can anyone point my in the right direction?

The spacer/bolt/collar set I purchased:
8F1CB2B8-D565-4CE4-A044-56B1DD200721.jpeg

After a few hours of tinkering, I wondered if I had over tightened, so I went back around and to loosen and retighten the bolts, but I’m still getting the same grinding noise.

I’m thinking that the seller should’ve sent shorter bolts with the smaller spacers, as there is a 5mm difference between front and back, but the bolts they sent are all the same length..

Is it possible that the noise is the outside edge of the brake calliper touching the inside face of the alloys spokes?

Back