Rain leak

shaunovhull

Hi all. New here, I have a leak in the area marked blue on my t5. Where blue mark is a void inbetween rhe van skins. Can any one tell me why its filling and leaking down the inner arch destroying my floor

20240315_121932.jpg

20240315_121928.jpg

Is yours a tailgate model? Most likely cause is leaking roof bolts, either the blanking bolts fitted a the factory or the mounting bolts if roof rails are fitted. Remove the bolts and put a small amount of sealant in the bolt holes

Is yours a tailgate model? Most likely cause is leaking roof bolts, either the blanking bolts fitted a the factory or the mounting bolts if roof rails are fitted. Remove the bolts and put a small amount of sealant in the bolt holes
Been doors I have and I have done that twice this week with genuine bolts an seal

Is this the front passenger door?

I find leaf litter collects between the two skins at the back of the front wheel arch and assume this can block the escape route of water if the debris gets too dense.

Simple visual check is to have a look (and maybe poke a small stick around) at the bottom rear edge of the wheel arch liner and see if there is debris up there. There is usually a small gap. I haven’t had my plastic wheel arch liners off before (still plan to as I want to soundproof the top of them as others have suggested) but I imagine that’s the route for clearing out all the crud that collects there? I imagine small leaves drop down from the scuttle area? Sure others will be able to confirm this or tell me how daft I am (again).

Is this the front passenger door?

I find leaf litter collects between the two skins at the back of the front wheel arch and assume this can block the escape route of water if the debris gets too dense.

Simple visual check is to have a look (and maybe poke a small stick around) at the bottom rear edge of the wheel arch liner and see if there is debris up there. There is usually a small gap. I haven’t had my plastic wheel arch liners off before (still plan to as I want to soundproof the top of them as others have suggested) but I imagine that’s the route for clearing out all the crud that collects there? I imagine small leaves drop down from the scuttle area? Sure others will be able to confirm this or tell me how daft I am (again).
Yes there was lots a debris there. All cleared so gonna have a check once bk home today as we had some rain last night

Also MucOff do some anti-rust spray. Won’t be as good as a full clean up, treatment and repaint but as a simple preventative measure it might be worth it in future. It’s in an aerosol so easy to squirt it around. Used some on exposed bolts under the van and it’s lasted almost a year so far keeping them in nice rust free condition.
I got it for bits on the bike that seem to flash rust after cleaning and was impressed so thought why not try some on the van

Also MucOff do some anti-rust spray. Won’t be as good as a full clean up, treatment and repaint but as a simple preventative measure it might be worth it in future. It’s in an aerosol so easy to squirt it around. Used some on exposed bolts under the van and it’s lasted almost a year so far keeping them in nice rust free condition.
I got it for bits on the bike that seem to flash rust after cleaning and was impressed so thought why not try some on the van
Yeah while it's all off its getting a deep clean and rust treatment. Hopefully I'll get to the bottom off it today

Back