Radar Realignment After Lowering

Jeff Goodall

T6 Pro
Hi all , could I have some advice please as this could also help others in the future.
I have had b14 suspension fitted a while back and all is great so far.I went to get 4 wheel wheel alignment done buy a company and they said I need 3 adjustments made to correct it all , camber,tow etc. They said £100 + vat but they also said I needed radar calibrated at £250 extra . It’s only for emergency braking not cruise control. I think this sounds a bit of a con to me and I walked away . Can you give your opinions please . Ps I would love to take to Bognor motors but it’s 7 hr round trip. Thanks

Hi all , could I have some advice please as this could also help others in the future.
I have had b14 suspension fitted a while back and all is great so far.I went to get 4 wheel wheel alignment done buy a company and they said I need 3 adjustments made to correct it all , camber,tow etc. They said £100 + vat but they also said I needed radar calibrated at £250 extra . It’s only for emergency braking not cruise control. I think this sounds a bit of a con to me and I walked away . Can you give your opinions please . Ps I would love to take to Bognor motors but it’s 7 hr round trip. Thanks
Where in the country are you Jeff

With regards to the alignment I had Hunter 4 wheel alignment done after fitting B14 for £17.50 per wheel inc vat.
Sounds like a hell of a lot for radar alignment, if it needs doing, not sure as I dont have that.

I went to my local Protyre branch who use the Hunter 4 wheel alignment system, needed a few minor adjustments and they charged me £35 !
£100 seems a bit hefty ?

Way over the top for alignment of the wheels. Think I paid around £50.

As to re-alignment of radar having lowered and reset the wheel alignment, sure I read on here somewhere that it is totally unnecessary.

I seem to remember the same but its definitely worth investigating for a conclusive answer
@BognorMotors may have some info ?

I seem to remember the same but its definitely worth investigating for a conclusive answer
@BognorMotors may have some info ?

This was confirmed the other day in a thread by Bognor. I think it's something to do with the tolerance VW set in the radars to allow for general driving, but I can confirm mine has ACC and on it's lowest setting on B14's and I still use the ACC with no difference at all, and the emergency braking works just fine. (yes it has activated since I lowered mine)

Last edited:
Back