Q/r Rock & Roll Bed Possible..?

Steve H

Excited Member
T6 Pro
I have a Kombi with twin sliders and love it to bits.

It's a general purpose daily driver that can turn it's hand to pretty much everything. It's take motorbikes around, fallen tree's to the tip and transported the family here there & everywhere. I've even got a home made bed and cooking pod unit and go on overnighters.

As time goes on, the camping bit is becoming more popular but I don't want to go down the full blown camper route just yet.

So..

Is there such a thing as a quickly detachable or removable Rock & Roll style of bed that could replace the rear seats..?

Maybe with similar fixings to the Kombi seats so that they could be used if fitted towards the rear..?

Not heard of exactly what you are after but Cambee do some fixing brackets that allow the bed to be removed relatively easily.
Basically steel plates bolted through to spreader plates, then bed bolts to the top of the plate. So bed can be removed without un bolting from under the van.

I have a Rock and Roll bed that’s just bolted to the 4 lashing points in my van! Simply unbolt and lift out! I presume Kombi vans still have lashing points?

Is that pull test certified? Not seen one that just uses the lash down points before. Cambee is pull tested but requires the through bolts of the fitting frame with spreader plates below to qualify.

Is that pull test certified? Not seen one that just uses the lash down points before. Cambee is pull tested but requires the through bolts of the fitting frame with spreader plates below to qualify.
To be honest it’s not, I wasn’t overly bothered as I don’t really carry passengers.
I think they do them pull tested though... Autobeds in Great Harwood where I got mine.

Back