Pure Grey T6.1 Dsg Highline

Hi Paul.

Would be great to see some photos. I've just taken delivery of my T6.1 T28 199 4Motion (LHD French spec), With so many upgrades options available it's a minefield, especially relating to suspension, springs, shocks and wheel setups etc. Plus the French don't have the same love for tweaking vans as us brits, so this site is my go to for info.

I was also looking at 19" wheel options but running 265/40/19 102xl tyres, this seems to be close to stock overall tyre diameter (+1.1%). But I see very little mention of this tyre size on the forum. From what I've read 102xl load rating is sufficient for a T28 (axle ratings front 1600kg, rear 1550Kg). Has anyone else used this 19" tyre option, and am I missing anything?

Cheers, Adam

275/40 is bang on for 19”

Hi all,

Not put much on the forum but always on here having a nose. :)

So I have just sold my T6 Kombi after 3 years and loved the van so decided to trade it in for a T6.1 and will post some pics up tomorrow.

First impressions are it seems to be more refined and steering has a nicer feel. My T6 did have 18" wheels and B14's and if I'm honest I was never a fan of the B14's, they seemed crashy and made the van feel less quality if that makes sense. I work in London everyday and do drive around with five lads and a fair bit of kit. Interior is another level and wireless Car Play is great, but lack of storage compared to my T6 which had the comfort dash and a few more places to hide paperwork. I love the soft closure on side and back door and the side door catches are a great improvement to open and close. I made sure this one had LED headlamps as my T6 had such poor light with the H4 bulbs but upgrading to the TransporterHQ headlamps was a big improvement.

I've only had the van a week but does seem a nice upgrade but looks pretty dull so a few mods are on there way :D So far I'm thinking:
19" Black Gloss Wolfrace Dortmund alloys with Nexen 255/45/19 tyres
H&R 40mm springs
Koni Active dampers
black side bars
black badges
Spray front grilles in black gloss
Raceline front splitter
VW genuine rear tailgate spoiler

Will post a few pics as I add bits to the van. I do like Pure grey but looks pretty bland at the moment so will get upgrading a soon as I can. :)

Paul
Hi Paul, just come across your write up... can I just pick your brains regarding the Koni active dampers? This is a set up that I’ve heard about with the H&R lowering springs, how are you finding the ride compared to the Bilstein’s on your previous van? Also have you seen the Twin-Adjust-Project Sensitiv comfort coilover set up Chilli Jam Vans are doing? Anyone tried or heard anything positive about them?

Hi Paul, just come across your write up... can I just pick your brains regarding the Koni active dampers? This is a set up that I’ve heard about with the H&R lowering springs, how are you finding the ride compared to the Bilstein’s on your previous van? Also have you seen the Twin-Adjust-Project Sensitiv comfort coilover set up Chilli Jam Vans are doing? Anyone tried or heard anything positive about them?
Hi mate,

I've held off on this setup at the moment as I am now interested in the Twin-Adjust-Project Sensitiv comfort coilovers but are not available for the T32 yet. My 19" wheels have been delivered but come with 255/45/19 so hope these will be ok.

Hi mate,

I've held off on this setup at the moment as I am now interested in the Twin-Adjust-Project Sensitiv comfort coilovers but are not available for the T32 yet. My 19" wheels have been delivered but come with 255/45/19 so hope these will be ok.

Must admit I’m tempted with the new comfort coilover... but it’s going to be double the price of just fitting some Koni dampers to my current H&R springs, plus is there going to be that much difference in ride quality?! I appreciate the coilover is adjustable but once it’s set at a desired height I’m doubting it would ever be adjusted again.

Hi all,

Not put much on the forum but always on here having a nose. :)

So I have just sold my T6 Kombi after 3 years and loved the van so decided to trade it in for a T6.1 and will post some pics up tomorrow.

First impressions are it seems to be more refined and steering has a nicer feel. My T6 did have 18" wheels and B14's and if I'm honest I was never a fan of the B14's, they seemed crashy and made the van feel less quality if that makes sense. I work in London everyday and do drive around with five lads and a fair bit of kit. Interior is another level and wireless Car Play is great, but lack of storage compared to my T6 which had the comfort dash and a few more places to hide paperwork. I love the soft closure on side and back door and the side door catches are a great improvement to open and close. I made sure this one had LED headlamps as my T6 had such poor light with the H4 bulbs but upgrading to the TransporterHQ headlamps was a big improvement.

I've only had the van a week but does seem a nice upgrade but looks pretty dull so a few mods are on there way :D So far I'm thinking:
19" Black Gloss Wolfrace Dortmund alloys with Nexen 255/45/19 tyres
H&R 40mm springs
Koni Active dampers
black side bars
black badges
Spray front grilles in black gloss
Raceline front splitter
VW genuine rear tailgate spoiler

Will post a few pics as I add bits to the van. I do like Pure grey but looks pretty bland at the moment so will get upgrading a soon as I can. :)

Paul
How did you get your carplay to work wirelessly , i cant get mine to work without the cable , thanks

Hi mate,

Tyre size will work perfectly.
We are looking forward to trying a set of twin-adjust-project-sensitiv to compare to what e-learning is out there.

Hi all.
Van now sitting on 19s and Eibach coilovers. All I can say is what a massive difference the ride quality is over my B14s and 18s on my T6. I am letting the van settle and think it needs another 15-20mm drop but over the moon with the ride. Rear spoiler and black bars also fitted. I have the Leighton Vans LV-S front splitter waiting to go on too.

2471EFD4-8434-4669-8257-C70E4496395C.jpeg

Hi all.
Van now sitting on 19s and Eibach coilovers. All I can say is what a massive difference the ride quality is over my B14s and 18s on my T6. I am letting the van settle and think it needs another 15-20mm drop but over the moon with the ride. Rear spoiler and black bars also fitted. I have the Leighton Vans LV-S front splitter waiting to go on too.

View attachment 69235
They ride well don’t though they, although they don’t go as low as other coilovers. How low have you gone?

Van looks great

Hi all.

View attachment 69235
Morning Paul,

Where did you buy the rear spoiler mate?
My mods are piling up in my garage but no sign of the van yet.....yours has just wet my appetite again! Dealer offered me a Black one this week, same spec and cheaper but said no, ill wait for the Grey!!

Oli, He didn't tell me how low he dropped it but said it wasn't much but he said let it settle and decided how low I want it. Think I'm going 20mm more I don't want to slam it as it's my work van. Really pleased with the ride though takes bumps so well.

Danny, I bought the spoiler from Van Style its a genuine one. Gave it to my local paint shop to spray and stuck it on myself. Yes wise waiting for the grey I love it ;)

Will post pics up once lowered and front splitter fitted :thumbsup:

Looking at the shocks it seems it’s a full height doesn’t it?

Sorry don’t know why pic is side ways

CFE09689-4B7C-4826-9E93-93B7A0DF1A75.jpeg

Back